Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting,Technology and Operations Services, and Accenture Song - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
In Accenture Applied Intelligence, we provide industry solutions, scaled Data & AI services powered by industry experts, and help clients to extract business value. Palantir provides the world’s leading software platform for data-driven operations and decision-making. It is trusted to solve an organization’s most complex, time-critical, and data-sensitive problems. Palantir Foundry accelerates the deployment of an organization’s business operations platform leading to large-scale adoption of data for driving everyday business outcomes. Accenture’s combination with Palantir can transform the value chain of enterprises by becoming data-driven to the core.
The Accenture Palantir Practice has a unique center within Accenture that focus on the design and implementation of analytics solutions on top of Palantir’s big data platforms.
The center is looking for highly motivated, passionate, proactive, and experienced industry experts who can manage multi-disciplinary teams in training, guiding, and deploying end-to-end analytics solutions. As a Sr Tech Lead Data Engineer, you need to coordinate with the Project Team in understanding client requirements and how they translate into application features in the Palantir platform.
Expectations from the role
• Be a thought leader in solution design, translating functional requirements to data pipeline implementation specifics.
• Promote quality engineering principles at every step of the development lifecycle and assume overall responsibility for the technical excellence of the team's deliverables.
• Coordinate release and deployment activities.
• Help mature the technical skills and working practice of more junior members of the engineering team.
• Continuously look for improvement avenues in all processes pertaining to development activities.
• Hands-on involvement in the development, maintenance, and operation of data pipelines for processing high throughput molecular assay readouts (e.g. genetic variation data from NGS and genotyping platforms, RNA-Seq, microarrays, proteomics platforms etc).
• 6 + years of software development experience, and 1+ years in a technical leadership position.
• Expert and very good experience in Python.
• Expert-level hands-on experience in Pyspark.
• Expert in Spark core and Spark SQL with substantial experience in designing and implementing scalable data pipelines in this framework.
• Proficient with Git, Jenkins, Docker, and Singularity.
• Prior experience with Palantir Foundry is a plus.
• Previous bioinformatics experience is preferred. This can be demonstrated through prior involvement in one or more aspects of handling NGS data, from primary to tertiary processing. Basic familiarity with key concepts in genetics and molecular biology would be seen as a plus.
• Proven track record of championing technical excellence through hands-on interventions pertaining to quality engineering best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to lead without being in a position of authority.
• Preference for proven experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark.
• Good exposure to at least one cloud ecosystem (AWS/ GCP/ Azure)
• Good knowledge of AWS Components: Docker, Kubernetes, S3, Ethina
• Strong foundation in tool development (through projects/ courses/ hackathon/ internships/ MOOC)
• Overall understanding of Database space (Databases, Data Warehouses, Reporting, Analytics, Data Mesh).
• Very good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Very good domain knowledge.
• Open to learning new technologies in-line with organizational needs/direction.
• Self-driven and laser-focused on delivering outcomes with speed and agility.
• A master's degree in any related technology is advantageous.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.