Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting,Technology and Operations Services, and Accenture Song - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Accenture is an equal opportunity employer. We have an unwavering commitment to equality for all. Together, we are acting, we are leading, and we will drive change across the globe.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology, Security and Operations.
Ethics & Compliance (Global Data Privacy) Role Summary – To provide comprehensive data privacy legal support to legal and business teams which includes support on contracting matters, privacy legal guidance, risk mitigation measures, client contractual negotiations. Individuals are also expected to provide data privacy related trainings to legal and business teams. To handle responsibilities related to people and process management as required for the team.
• Understands CORE area needs and priorities, strategy, objectives, and opportunities
• Good understanding of relevant company policies
• Enhance subject-matter expertise in the concerned support area
• Act as a POC and escalation point for support area
• Understand, suggest, and encourage process improvements in the support area
• Collaborate with tech teams in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones
• Create checklists and other process documents
• Represent GLN; directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues
• Supervise the management of SharePoint and communication records
• Identify and drive trainings for the team for upskilling and professional development
• Support implementation of new initiatives in CORE support area or within Legal/GLN
• Build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
• Drive recruitment efforts for the team
• Effectively manage direct reports and any assigned team; quick conflict resolution
• Provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team
• Provide individuals with positive and developmental feedback
• Drive Talent Discussions for the assigned team/team members
• Proactively try to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
• Support the Clients and Contracting tower of the Global DP team with contract reviews and analysis for alignment with global DP laws and Accenture standards.
• Independently review and negotiate data privacy terms in contracts such Business Associate Addendums, Financial Services Agreements, SaaS, and various other IT contracts, DPAs and DTAs.
• Support the creation of new contracting templates and guidance documents for legal professionals and business teams.
• Draft privacy and consent statements for external use.
• Collaborate with other towers within the Global DP team to create guidance documents applicable to both Accenture and clients and to support cross-tower issues or projects.
• Provide support to legal professional and business teams on queries related to data privacy laws, compliance requirements, country-specific regulations and client requests.
• Provide advice on engagement of subcontractors and sub-processors of client personal data and required compliance mechanisms.
• Independently provide data privacy related legal guidance for client RFPs.
• Follow and keep track of regulatory developments related to data privacy laws at global level and prepare internal materials and communications.
• Collaborate with onshore team members on white-papers and DP memos.
• Review prospective client-facing surveys and provide advice on data privacy legal compliance and risk mitigation.
• Research country-specific data privacy laws and regulations and prepare reports.
• Draft guidance materials, legal document templates and training decks for internal use.
• Subject-matter expertise in support area.
• Manage escalations effectively.
• Escalate queries as appropriate to SME and work with them to ensure the escalated matters are completed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law
Certifications and Membership:
• Compliance related global professional certification considered a plus
• Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience at law firm or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing
• Travel may be required
• Fluency in English (and other language, depending on geography supported) with strong oral and written communication skills.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Good understanding of data privacy principles and regulations required to assist and advise on data privacy issues in client engagements.
• Demonstrate very good interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate autonomy, take ownership, and drive tasks to closure
• Demonstrate promptness, accuracy and consistency with the activities supported
• Detail-oriented, sound judgement, and flexible
• Strong time management, prioritization, organizational, and analytical skills
• Able to work with internal and external teams, and understands delivery requirements
• Able to independently lead projects and teams on function specific processes
• Good understanding of Accenture offerings and function specific services performed
• Good understanding of commercial agreements, legal and compliance principles
• Good understanding of corporate business practices and contracting regulations
• Comfortable with technology and has experience in the use of tools & databases
• Ability to work under pressure, with exposure to senior leadership
• Effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations
• Build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments.
• Open to work with and understand cross-cultures and locations throughout Accenture global organization
• Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture
• Demonstrate inclusion and respect for all individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality
• Leader as well as team player, collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives.
RELATIONSHIP AND REPORTING:
• Team members providing services on a process/project or account/portfolio of accounts
• Accenture Counsels, Client commercial, procurement, contract management, business executives, outside counsels, vendors, corporate function.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.