Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting,Technology and Operations Services, and Accenture Song - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Accenture is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Accenture will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Accenture encourages applicants of all ages.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology, Security and Operations.
Ethics & Compliance (Anticorruption) Role Summary – To support the Anticorruption Team in driving various Business Intermediary (BI) or sub-contractor approval processes like conducting due diligence and drafting & review of reports. To handle responsibilities related to people and process management as required for the team.
Management Level Description
• Requires analysis and solving of moderately complex problems. May create new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures.
• Requires understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
• Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
Authority: Requires guidance when determining methods and procedures on new assignments
Impact or Decision Impact: Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
Scope: Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
• Understand the CORE areas, relevant company policies
• Develop subject-matter knowledge and proficiency in concerned support area and act as its POC
• Directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues and build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
• Understand and suggest process improvements in the support area, support LTO/CIO in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones, assist team in drafting checklists and process documents, manage SharePoint and communication records
• Support recruitment efforts for the team, supervise resources, and assist GLN Team Lead in people management, as required, provide team members with positive and developmental feedback
• Identify and support any specific trainings for the team, provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team
• Support implementation of new initiatives in CORE support area or within Legal/GLN, try to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
• Manage and supervise allocation of work and delegation of tasks to team, per bandwidth and requirement
• Ensure timely implementation of Accenture policies and procedures
• Ensure Business Sponsor and BI forms are completed correctly
• Conduct due diligence and draft reports
• Quality Check of BI reports prepared by team Members
• Recognize issues and provide timely escalation to BI Team Lead, Anticorruption Counsels, or appropriate stakeholders/players
• Communicate BI Process and issues clearly
• Assist Team Lead in coordination activities, managing workload and planning organizational adjustments in the Team
• Ensure compliance with Anticorruption covenants and internal policies
• Manage low to high complexity BIs
• Deliver regional training and help build key relationships with Business Sponsors and regional stakeholders
• Help develop team members in higher complexity BIs by knowledge transfer and training
• Ensure general understanding of BI process within/outside the team
• Act as escalation point for issues related to BI and other similar processes
• Provide effective assistance/training to Business Sponsors, to help them submit and obtain BI and other related approval.
• Team members providing services on a process/project or account/portfolio of accounts
• Accenture Counsels, Client commercial, procurement, contract management, business executives, outside counsels, vendors, corporate function.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law
Certifications and Membership:
• Compliance related global professional certification considered a plus
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience at law firm or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing
• Travel may be required
• Fluency in English (and other language, depending on geography supported) with strong oral and written communication skills
Knowledge and Skills:
• Good experience at law firm and/or as in-house counsel in various Compliance areas; experience in anticorruption, preferred
• Understand Accenture offerings and function specific services, general basic corporate business practices, contracting regulations, commercial agreements, legal and compliance fundamentals
• Ability to recommend high quality and timely advice for risk mitigation by efficiently assessing business and legal implications
• Ability to work under pressure, and effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations, build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments, and able to effectively influence senior management
• Demonstrate promptness, accuracy, consistency with the activities supported, and drives tasks to closure
• Able to work with internal and external teams to assist with day to day support and to understand delivery requirements
• Demonstrate adaptability, positive & collaborative attitude, good interpersonal skills, strong time management and prioritization skills, attention to detail, sound judgement, and organization skills
• Comfortable with technology and has experience in tools & databases, with proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
Behavior and Attributes:
• Understand cross-cultures and open to work with team members across the globe
• Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture
• Demonstrate inclusion and respect for all individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality
• Collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives.
Additional Desirable Criteria:
• Not Applicable
• Travel may be required
• Fluency in English (and other language, depending on geography supported) with very strong oral and written communication skills.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.