Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting,Technology and Operations Services, and Accenture Song - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Accenture is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Accenture will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Accenture encourages applicants of all ages.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology, Security and Operations.
Geographic Compliance & Corporate (GCC) Responsible Data & AI Sourcing – To provide comprehensive support within the Responsible Data & AI program ensuring Accenture meets contractual obligations, legal and regulatory requirements as well as voluntary commitments made in the fields of data governance and applied (artificial) intelligence, with a focus on negotiating terms with external vendors and business partners that fully reflect Accenture’s values and culture.
Management Level Description
• Requires analysis and solving of moderately complex problems. Typically creates new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures.
• Requires understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
• Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor or team leads. Generally interacts with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
Authority: Requires minimal guidance when determining methods and procedures on new assignments.
Impact or Decision Impact: Decisions often impact the team in which they reside and occasionally impact other teams.
Scope: Manages medium-small sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
• Good understanding of relevant company policies, understands CORE area needs and priorities, strategy, goals, and opportunities, work to enhance subject-matter knowledge and proficiency in the concerned support area, act as a POC and escalation point for support area
• Supervise the management of SharePoint and communication records, create checklists and other process documents, understand, suggest, and encourage process improvements in the support area, collaborate with tech teams in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones
• Represent GLN; directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues, build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
• Drive recruitment efforts for the team, effectively manage direct reports and any assigned team, quick conflict resolution, provide team members with positive and developmental feedback, drive Talent Discussions for the assigned team/team members
• Provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team, identify and drive trainings for the team for upskilling and professional development
• Support implementation of new initiatives in CORE support area or within Legal/GLN, commit to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
• Provide legal support to the Responsible Data & AI program
• Act as point of contact and legal advisor, responding to inquiries made by other members of the Responsible Data & AI program as well as Procurement Plus, Workplace Solutions, Marketing and other areas as required. Co-create company's compliance policy and approval procedures and apply the same to ensure compliance on relevant process related to Responsible Data & AI. Flag compliance risks in the day-to-day Accenture operations.
• Liaise & collaborate with other stakeholders and teams within Accenture, like, deal teams, solution architects, finance, HR, Controllership, procurement, etc., as well as, with subcontractors/vendors.
• Provide Legal support in the review of local & global initiatives related to Data & AI compliance. Identify risks according to local law and Accenture policies and flag potential issues.
• While this role is full-time within the Data & AI program, you may from time to time be asked to support other areas of sourcing,
? Supervises team members providing services on a process/project or account/portfolio of accounts
? Strong relationships with other lawyers within Accenture Legal; other professionals within Accenture, including Procurement; and with counsel and procurement professionals from vendors and business partners.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law
? Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience at law firms or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing. Experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Experience in generic legal in-house matters, including but not limited to risk identification and mitigation, compliances, contracts, legal research, etc.
• Demonstrate very good interpersonal skills, demonstrate promptness, accuracy and consistency with the activities supported, take ownership, and drive tasks to closure, is detail-oriented, with sound judgement, adaptable, with strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Able to work with internal and external teams, and understands delivery requirements, takes End-to-End ownership of projects and teams, on function specific processes
• Good understanding of Accenture offerings and function specific services performed, of commercial agreements, legal and compliance fundamentals, of corporate business practices and contracting regulations
• Build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments, ability to work under pressure, with exposure to senior Management Effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations
• Comfortable with technology and has experience in the use of tools & databases
Behaviours and Attributes:
• Open to work with and understand cross-cultures and locations throughout Accenture global organization
• Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture
• Demonstrate inclusion and respect for all individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality
• Leader as well as team player, collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives.
Additional Desirable Criteria:
? Not Applicable
? Travel may be required
? Fluency in English (and other language, depending on geography supported) with strong oral and written communication skills.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.