Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting,Technology and Operations Services, and Accenture Song - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services Legal (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Song, Technology, Security and Operations.
Song Legal Summary – Assist the Global Services Legal Song team with initiatives and projects (including Metaverse and Sustainability) within the scope of offering support and solutions, regulatory compliance, ventures and acquisitions (V&As), post-merger integration (PMI), strategic alliances and SME support to Sales & Delivery. Accenture Song is the Experience Agency, committed to helping to Design, Build, Communicate and Run Experiences that live at the intersection of purpose and innovation, to make people’s lives better, more productive and more meaningful. Accenture Song works with world’s leading brands, creating meaningful Experiences across their customers’, employees’, patients’ or citizens’ entire brand-Experience journey, while driving sustainable growth for its clients.
• Understands Global Services Legal area needs and priorities, strategy, objectives, and opportunities
• Good understanding of relevant company policies
• Enhance subject-matter expertise in the concerned support area
• Act as a POC and escalation point for the support area
• Understand, suggest, and encourage process improvements in the support area
• Collaborate with tech teams in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones
• Create checklists and other process documents
• Represent GLN; directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues
• Supervise the management of SharePoint and communication records
• Identify and drive trainings for the team for upskilling and professional development
• Support implementation of new initiatives in Global Services Legal support area or within Legal/GLN
• Build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
• Drive recruitment efforts for the team
• Effectively manage direct reports and any assigned team; quick conflict resolution
• Provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team
• Provide individuals with positive and developmental feedback
• Drive Talent Discussions for the assigned team/team members
• Proactively try to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
• Offerings & Solutions: Shape Song offerings and solutions by conducting assessments and providing recommendations and tools that mitigate risks while enabling desired outcomes for the business;
• Business Risk: Provide risk assessments and recommendations to Song, including on implementation of risk management practices. Helping to shape commercial models to manage legal and commercial risk;
• Regulatory Compliance: Providing regulatory compliance reviews & advice, including future-looking projections of any anticipated regulatory changes with potential impact on the Song business;
• Client Opportunity: Enable Accenture’s Sales & Delivery legal team to efficiently handle day-to-day contracting on Song Offerings. Providing contracting tools such as guidance and templates to Song and legal teams. Supporting relevant Song approvals and escalations;
• V&A: Support Accenture’s V&As legal team and business leadership in the evaluation of prospective acquisition targets, development of PMI strategy and divestiture activity;
• Strategic Alliance & Partnerships: Shape new strategic alliances and partnerships, including capability sourcing via vendor and resale/agency transactions;
• Business Operations Projects: Provide legal support to business-owned enterprise initiatives/programs, including adjusting Accenture policies and procedures to accommodate requirements of Song, and;
• Other type of responsibilities include: (a) providing legal advice to SOng business teams and to deal facing professionals, (b) independently drafting, analyzing, reviewing and/or negotiating low to high complexity agreements and documents including media vendor terms, NDAs, Influencer, Creative Agency related agreements, marketing materials, sponsorship agreements, etc (c) performing legal research of laws and regulations or technical aspects applicable to assigned requests, (d) assisting with contract benchmarking, (e) delivering trainings, and (f) leading specific ad-hoc projects, planning strategy, coordinating team members and aligning with other areas.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Law
• Minimum of 7 years of experience at law firm or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing
• Travel may be required
• Fluency in English (and other language, depending on geography supported) with strong oral and written communication skills.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Understanding of laws and regulations around advertising, e-commerce, media, entertainment and gaming industries, plus data privacy and use of data in advertising, data analytics etc.
• Good understanding of intellectual property rights, including content clearances, software and technology licensing, and cloud and as-a-service solutions.
• Experience in agreement drafting, review and negotiation, identifying risks and proposing solutions.
• Demonstrate very good interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate autonomy, take ownership, and drive tasks to closure
• Demonstrate promptness, accuracy and consistency with the activities supported
• Detail-oriented, sound judgement, and flexible
• Strong time management, prioritization, organizational, and analytical skills
• Able to work with internal and external teams, and understands delivery requirements
• Able to independently lead projects and teams on function specific processes
• Good understanding of Accenture offerings and function specific services performed
• Good understanding of commercial agreements, legal and compliance principles
• Good understanding of corporate business practices and contracting regulations
• Comfortable with technology and has experience in the use of tools & databases
• Ability to work under pressure, with exposure to senior leadership
• Effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations
• Build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments.
• Open to work with and understand cross-cultures and locations throughout Accenture global organization
• Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture
• Demonstrate inclusion and respect for all individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality
• Leader as well as team player, collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives.
RELATIONSHIP AND REPORTING:
• Team members providing services on a process/project or account/portfolio of accounts
• Accenture contracting and CORE legal counsels, client commercial, procurement, contract management, business executives, vendors, and corporate function.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at email@example.com immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.