Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting,Technology and Operations Services, and Accenture Song - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Contract Associate Managers assist with managing clients or a portfolio of clients in a manner that maximises value for Accenture and clients.
Contract Associate Managers must be capable of managing contracts including subcontracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and client business requirements. Contract Specialists are generally co-located with Accenture business/client units and project teams (often on client premises) and are expected to maintain a high level of visibility on the account as they perform their contract management responsibilities.
Contract Associate Managers may also organize and direct the work activities of junior contract management professionals and other related engagement staff allocated to a business or client unit, acting as a role model for contract management staff and a trusted partner to the business. Contract Associates Managers are client facing and have a key role in building trusted relationships with client counterparts.
• Lead/participate in contract management team on a specific project or account or operate as the contract management lead on small to medium accounts or portfolios reporting into a senior leader;
• Work with client engagement teams and client counterparts to assist with day to day contract management support and to understand delivery requirements;
• Demonstrate the value of the contract management function with business and account leaders
• Be a role model for contract management staff and demonstrate leadership qualities by participating in wider contract management activities
People & Portfolio Management / Development:
• Supervise, mentor and coach junior contract management staff allocated to a specific project or account to ensure most effective utilisation of resources
• Participate in the review of performance standards for junior staff;
• Provide input for priority setting and performance achievement process for junior staff;
• Assist with assessing training and education needs for junior staff on a specific project or account, when operating as the contract management lead; and
• Participate in the development and delivery of contract/commercial training modules for contract management staff on a specific project or account.
Risk & Issue Management:
• Identify contract and commercial risks and issues and proposes appropriate mitigation strategies or solutions for approval;
• Escalate matters in a timely and controlled fashion (in accordance with prescribed guidelines) and ensure affected parties are notified in an appropriate manner; and
• Draft and review appropriate reports in compliance with contract management processes and account delivery requirements
• Provide support for pre-award sales activities including supporting the development of responses to client RFPs or similar, working with business to draft contract schedules and participate in negotiations; and
• Demonstrate reasonable knowledge and understanding of Accenture's offerings and associated commercial considerations.
Contracting, Drafting and Negotiation:
• Draft Statements of Work, Change Requests, Arrangement Letters, Subcontracts and Non-Disclosure Agreements (not exclusive), working with project leadership to provide timely reviews and quality contractual documents that are fit for purpose and collaborating with other internal organizations; and
• Support negotiations to achieve the best outcomes for Accenture and clients
Commercial and Contract Management Processes:
• Implement contract management processes on a specific project or account;
• Ensure all contract relevant policies and procedures applicable to an account are identified and communicated to relevant personnel and
• Work with delivery and finance leads to identify and flex appropriate contract levers affecting revenue, cost and profit
Contract Management Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum 5 yrs. relevant experience as a contract manager with exposure to complex, risky deals with proven team management experience;
• Relevant experience with in one or more of Accenture core businesses would be preferred;
• Experience leading teams with good/impactful executive presence;
• Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external executives and be capable of contributing and influencing key commercial and contracting decisions; and
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
Legal and Contracting Knowledge:
• Basic understanding of general commercial contracting regulations and principles and subcontracting practices
• Basic knowledge and understanding of legal principles as they relate to commercial and contract management
• Contract Management professionals providing services on an account or portfolio of accounts
• May interface with client commercial, procurement, contract management, business executives
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Member of International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and/ or professional certification considered a plus.
• Some travel may be required.
Behaviours and Attributes
• Open to work with and understand cross-cultures and locations throughout the Accenture global organization.
• Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture.
• Demonstrate respect for individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality.
• Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Team player, collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives
• Build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments.
• Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills and an ability to provide appropriate advice
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.