Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting,Technology and Operations Services, and Accenture Song - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Accenture is an equal opportunity employer. We have an unwavering commitment to equality for all. Together, we are acting, we are leading, and we will drive change across the globe.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters, Strategic Partnering and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology, Security and Operations.
Technology Strategic Partnering: This team support the partnership relationships across Accenture’s ecosystems partners, which involves leading negotiations and manage master framework agreements. The team also provides business insights and shaping advice on commercial constructs and joint solutions with the global innovators of technology.
Role Summary –Draft, review and negotiate master framework, go to market agreements with Technology leaders and innovators in accordance with business strategy, company policies, approval processes and applicable laws. Engage and collaborate with other legal support groups and internal teams.
• Understand the Global Services Legal areas
• Understand relevant company policies applicable to support area (e.g., Policy 81)
• Develop subject-matter expertise in the concerned support area
• Act as a POC for the support area
• Understand and suggest process improvements in the support area
• Support LTO/CIO in development of new tools or enhancement of existing ones
• Assist team in drafting checklists and process documents
• Directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues
• Manage Company´s tools and communication records
• Identify and support any specific trainings for the team
• Support implementation of new initiatives in Global Services Legal support area or within Legal/GLN
• Build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
• Support recruitment efforts for the team
• Supervise resources, and assist GLN Team Lead in people management, as required
• Provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team
• Provide individuals with positive and developmental feedback
• Try to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
• Independently draft, review and negotiate medium/high complexity agreements and documents to be signed with partners and clients, including but not limited to non-Disclosure agreements, Affiliate Addendums, Strategic Partnering and Collaboration e agreements, Teaming Agreements, GTM Agreements, Subcontract Agreements/SOW Marketing Materials, License Agreements, Third Party compensation transactions, partnership renewals and amendments, among others.
• Analyze and propose solutions to medium/high-complexity contract issues.
• Independently handle the communication with internal clients, business teams and stakeholders on various legal matters.
• Make legal analysis of deviations to Accenture’s contracting standards and interact with internal areas of Accenture that requires to provide inputs and align in a position.
• Collaborate with and support Technology Global Strategic Partnering Legal Colleagues and GLN leads on the review and negotiation of the Master GTM agreements.
• Maintain contract compliance in line with company policies and procedures and ensure issues are identified and resolved.
• Support deal shaping opportunities for specific medium complexity deals, consulting as necessary.
• Require approvals when needed - in particular, ensuring that all stakeholders are fully informed and engaged on a timely basis with the process and associated responsibilities.
• Perform research of laws and regulations or technical aspects applicable to assigned requests, consulting as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience at law firm or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing
• Travel may be required
• Fluency in English (and other language, depending on geography supported) with strong oral and written communication skills
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in agreement drafting, review and negotiation, identifying risks and proposing solutions.
• Good experience in generic/legal research and reporting, including due diligence
• Demonstrate promptness, accuracy and consistency with the activities supported
• Demonstrate autonomy, take ownership, and drive tasks to closure
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented, sound judgement, organized, and adaptable
• Strong time management, prioritization, and analytical skills
• Able to work with internal and external teams to assist with day-to-day support and to understand delivery requirements
• Basic understanding of Accenture offerings and function specific services performed
• Good understanding of commercial agreements, legal and compliance principles
• Understand general basic corporate business practices and contracting regulations
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
• Comfortable with technology and has experience in the use of tools & databases.
• Ability to work under pressure, with exposure to senior leadership
• Effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations
• Build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments
• Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills and an ability to provide appropriate advice
• Able to effectively influence senior leadership
• Experience leading teams with good/impactful executive presence
• Understand cross-cultures and open to work with team members across the globe
• Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture
• Demonstrate inclusion and respect for all individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality
• Collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives.
RELATIONSHIP AND REPORTING:
• Team members providing services on a process/project or account/portfolio of accounts
• Accenture Counsels, Strategic Partnering Legal Colleagues, Partner Directors, Business Teams, Legal teams (e.g., Procurement team, Data Privacy, Complex Contracting, Information Security, etc.)
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at email@example.com immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.