Accenture is a leading global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Accenture Research identifies and anticipates game-changing business, market and technology trends through provocative thought leadership. Our 300 researchers partner with world-class organizations to discover innovative solutions for our clients.
Combining the power of innovative research techniques with a deep understanding of our clients’ industries, researchers and analysts spans 20 countries and publishes hundreds of reports, articles and points of view every year. Our thought-provoking trends research—supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations such as MIT and Harvard Business School—guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic modeling, data science, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners. Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture’s Strategy Office.
We work in two main areas:
• Developing thought leadership and understanding trends: Accenture creates original, cutting-edge points of view to use with clients, the media and in conferences. Most of our projects are published and quoted in the media and you are expected to have a voice and an opinion on the industry both inside and beyond Accenture. Research into industry trends informs publications and the direction of our business.
• Client-focused research: you will work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research on clients’ business challenges and opportunities, support proposals, engagements and day to day discussions with clients on their business and industry.
Accenture Research actively supports the development of Thought Leadership and Research, with specific skills needed in:
• Technology thought leadership: Very strong research and writing skills with a view to creating high-impact, high-visibility points of views and research reports, with ability to take innovative new perspectives for writing articles for highly reputed journals such as Harvard Business Review and MIT Sloan Management Review. Publications in international journals or Indian journals like Economic and Political Weekly, Smart Manager and Business Week will give the candidate a significant advantage.
• Client work: Experience in delivering research-based consulting engagements will be valued.
About the role
WHAT IS EXPECTED
INNOVATION • Assists and supports the development of thought-provoking insights by identifying, developing and driving differentiated data-driven management insights. Research will involve both quantitative and qualitative research methods and tools. Should be adept at developing case studies, experienced in primary surveys and analysis, creating novel insights secondary data, and comfortable with expert interviews and networks.
• Understands the data needed to underpin effective network thought leadership, consulting, and strategy work.
• When required, develop proprietary in-house regression models and provide results to the practice when needed.
• Be able to engage with teams on using innovative new research methodologies, such as data science, customer experience platforms etc.
BUSINESS WRITING PROFICIENCY
• The candidate must be skilled at penning points of view and research reports that bring insights to life for a C-suite audience.
• May co-author articles/blog/thought pieces through Accenture’s publication channels and other channels and required to maintain a positive and growing social media presence.
IMPACT • Research focused on issues that impact the business of Accenture and its clients (“so what?”) with major and long-lasting impact
• Credible in presenting work and results
NETWORK TECHNOLOGY AND DIGITAL ACUMEN • Business knowledge of network technologies (4G, 5G, Fiber, Wi-Fi 6, SD-WAN, etc.) and associated digital technologies - especially Cloud, AI, Edge, IoT, software engineering etc. - and their applications to driving value across various industries.
• Understanding of network market trends and their impact on network transformation strategy of enterprises and telcos.
• Technical knowledge of network architecture/engineering is an added advantage.
COMPLEXITY • Ability to work on multiple engagements and geographies at any one time. Work is mostly virtual, but with global presence/reach.
LEADERSHIP • May provide coaching and mentoring to junior researchers
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive skill set:
• Business knowledge of network infrastructure, network technologies (4G, 5G, Fiber, Wi-Fi 6, SD-WAN, etc.), and associated network services – how it is integral to businesses. This covers both telecom and enterprise networks – including areas such as cloud & open network infrastructure, network automation, zero trust security and specific industry network business models such as private/campus networks.
• Strong analytical and writing skills
• Ability to synthesize research into a compelling storyline
• Ability to use quantitative and qualitative research methods and tools
• Knowledge of the operations of large international companies, including network related challenges of the C-suite
• Proven ability to publish high quality reports and articles (publication in high ranking journals will be an advantage)
• Ability to present research findings to senior Accenture executives
• If required, ready to conduct market and competitive intelligence research
• Intellectual curiosity
• Proven ability to work with people and complex multi-country research projects
• Entrepreneurial attitude
• Strong communications skills and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
Reports to: Thought Leadership Senior Principal / Research Manager
Supervises: None. This is an individual contributor role
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree, preferably in science or engineering, and a post-graduate degree/qualification in MBA, economics, or statistics.
• Specialist (preferable): ~5 to 8 years research experience
• 5+ years business experience, ideally within a business facing research department or management / strategy consultancy or equivalent skills/experience.
• Demonstrated experience of writing reports, quantitative/financial analysis and presentations for delivery to internal and external audience a plus.
• Global/large private corporation or institution, Research Consultancy, Think Tanks, Research role at Management Consultancy or Management Consulting experience with track record in Thought Leadership and Market/Competitive Intelligence focused on technology/IT Services
Location: Bengaluru (preferably) OR Gurugram, India
Preferred start date: Immediate
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.