Accenture is a leading global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Principal Duties And Responsibilities: A consultant in the Sourcing and Procurement team within the Capability Network (CN) in Accenture would be a part of globally diverse consulting team entrusted with the task of delivering sourcing and procurement engagements for clients across industries. The consultant is expected to work as part of a global team to support responsible value chain engagements related to sourcing & procurement. The responsibilities of a consultant include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage and partner across client teams to gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to enable goal setting and reporting on sustainability targets
• Integrate wider sustainability principles and frameworks into sourcing & procurement policies, processes, and strategies
• Understand client objectives and drive multiple initiatives/engagements to address specific sustainability related business issues that client is facing
• Develop and communicate business cases for sustainability initiatives to key stakeholders
• Identify and provide guidance to clients on leading sustainable sourcing practices in compliance with the latest global sustainability regulations and standards
• Define outcomes and formulate recommendations and technology solutions in line with clients' capabilities and limitations
• Conduct market/industry assessments for carbon, energy, water, waste, hazardous materials, environment impacts, human/labor rights etc.
• Develop and implement various dashboards using the latest technology tools to monitor and report key data, metrics, and insights to client stakeholders
• Research and identify latest trends and innovations in the space of sustainability and responsible value chain to develop robust solutions
• Engage with key business partners and thought leaders to provide appropriate support in developing functional capability and knowledge across the practice to ensure a consistent approach to embedding sustainability into supply chain activities
Experience: • In-depth understanding of sourcing and procurement fundamentals coupled with 4-5 years of consulting / industry experience across sustainable sourcing, responsible sourcing implementation, category management, strategic sourcing, and supplier risk management
• Experience in a consulting firm and global exposure is desirable
• Strong proficiency in gathering, managing, and presenting data and analytics with prior sustainability experience
• Understanding of global and regional compliance and regulatory standards pertaining to ESG requirements is desirable
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, networking and relationship management skills and ability to develop strong effective working relationships with internal and client networks
Key Competencies and Skills: • Knowledge of devising, developing, managing, and reporting on strategic sustainable development and direct impact reduction programs at corporate level
• Experience in strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management and continuous improvement
• Detailed understanding of the risks and opportunities associated with sustainability and improved environmental management across industry sectors
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, to drive effective engagement with leadership and clients
• Well versed in end to end Strategic sourcing and procurement activities
• Awareness of internationally recognized sustainability reporting standards and frameworks such as GRI (Global Reporting Initiative), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), GHG Protocol, disclosure to CDP etc.
• Knowledge of ESG/ sustainability tools (like Ecovadis, Rheaply, Greenstone etc.) is a plus
• Knowledge of ESG databases (like Arabesque, EORA etc.) is a plus
• Should have good project and people management skills
• Experience in project management will be a plus
• Assist in developing category specific sourcing strategies, procurement operating model and sourcing and procurement process frameworks in line with the ESG targets
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
CN - Strategy - MC - Energy - 09
CN - Strategy - MC - CS&S - ACE - Amazon Connect - 05
Posted 3 days ago
CN - Strategy - MC - CS&S - ACE - Microsoft - 07
Posted 4 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.