Accenture is a leading global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Accenture Research uncovers trends and shape data-driven insights through Thought Leadership and Research for Accenture and its clients. Accenture Research combines deep understanding of Accenture clients’ industries with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today.
Our team of 300 researchers and analysts develops thought-provoking research -- supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations that guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic modeling, data science, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners. Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture’s Strategy Office.
We work in two main areas:
• Developing thought leadership and understanding trends: Accenture creates original, cutting-edge research to use with clients, the media and in conferences. Most of our projects are published and quoted in the media and you are expected to have a voice and an opinion on the industry both inside and beyond Accenture. Research into industry trends informs publications and the direction of our business.
• Client-focused research: you will work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research on clients’ business challenges and opportunities, support proposals, engagements and day to day discussions with clients on their business and industry.
In Energy, Accenture Research actively supports the development of Thought Leadership and Research, in the following areas:
• This opening is for the role of Energy Industry Research Specialist, supporting the global needs of Accenture’s Energy leadership
• The successful candidate will work closely with Energy Industry Research Lead covering topics including oil & gas industry trends, commodity supply/demand/prices, the transition towards low-carbon energy (renewables, hydrogen, CCS) as well as the increasing role of digital technologies (cloud / AI / analytics) supporting the oil & gas sector reinvention. He/she will support thought leadership projects, client projects, regular research products and primary research activity.
A sound knowledge of the above industries is advantageous, but not necessary. However, the willingness to want to learn about them is critically important.
For each sub-sector within Energy, you will be expected to become intimate with their structure, global markets and products; key supply chains; the industry players; the critical metrics for evaluating company performance; the cost drivers; and the incredible technologies that will revolutionize them.
About the role
• Assists and supports the development of thought-provoking insights through market analysis and in-depth review of trends, guided by the Research lead.
• Accenture is a data-driven organization! You will need to understand and audit the data needed to underpin effective industry consulting and strategy work
• Updates our proprietary in-house models and provides results to the practice when needed.
• Establishes creative ways to secure the data needed and manage its maintenance using innovative tools and techniques.
• An expert in secondary information sources and data gathering
• May co-author articles/blogs/thought pieces through Accenture’s publication channels and other channels
• Maintains a positive and growing social media presence
• Be an advocate of the Energy sector
• Ability to operate on a team to meeting internal customer needs.
• Research focused on Accenture Business and Accenture’s Clients business (“so what?”) with major and long-lasting impact
• Credible in presenting work and results
• Ability to work on multiple engagement and geographies at any one time. Work is mostly virtual, but with global presence/reach.
• Individual contributor role
• No people management responsibilities
• Experience in analyzing the oil & gas industry
• Experience or good understanding of the energy transition / clean energy is a plus
• Track record in research and analysis
• An excel and powerpoint guru, being well versed with tools like Power BI or Tableau will be an added advantage
• Strong analytical skills - can identify errors and make sense out of data
• An understanding of financial reports, accounting and valuation
• A basic understanding of the role of digital and technology in disrupting Energy markets
• Able to write in a clear, concise and compelling way
• Ability to present research findings to team and Accenture executives
• Experience in packaging, synthesizing and presenting research deliverables
• Experience in using subscribed databases eg Dow Jones Factiva or CapitalIQ; a plus for IHS Markit / JS Herold or Rystad
• Working experience in a team of research professionals, using research tools and methodologies and providing research output on a regular basis
• Ability to synthesize and deliver outputs on time, to specifications, and with original insights
• Strong PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills; knowledge of visualization tools eg PowerBI is a plus
• Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn more
• Ability to work with people and complex multi-country research projects
• Entrepreneurial attitude
• Strong communications skills and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
• Ability to become a ROCK STAR (that is, someone who likes the Energy Industry and is passionate about everything that has to do with the sector). Nothing “soft” about this skill!
• Experience in teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately and effectively
Reports to: Thought Leadership Senior Principal
Supervises: None. This is an individual contributor role
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering or science. A post-graduate degree/qualification in engineering, science, business, such as business (MBA), economics or equivalent is a plus.
• Specialist (preferable): ~5 to 8 years research experience
• Associate manager: ~9-12 years research experience
• 5+ years business experience, ideally within a business facing research department or management / strategy consultancy or equivalent skills/experience/
• Demonstrated experience of writing reports, quantitative/financial analysis and presentations for delivery to internal and external audience a plus.
• Global/large private corporation or institution involved in mining, metals, forest products or building materials; Research Consultancy, Research role at Management Consultancy or Management Consulting experience with track record in Thought Leadership focused on Energy related topics
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at email@example.com immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.