Accenture is a leading global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Accenture Research identifies and anticipates game-changing business, market and technology trends through provocative thought leadership. Our 300 researchers partner with world-class organizations to discover innovative solutions for our clients.
Combining the power of innovative research techniques with a deep understanding of our clients’ industries, Accenture Research spans 20 countries and publishes hundreds of reports, articles and points of view every year. Our thought-provoking trends research—supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations such as MIT and Harvard Business School—guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic value modeling, analytics, crowdsourcing, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners.
Accenture Research powers Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. Accenture Research is part of Accenture’s Chief Strategy Officer’s Office.
The Communications and Media Research Specialist will support senior researchers on both internal and client-facing research projects globally. Responsibilities will include developing and delivering research projects both individually and in partnership with other researchers. The role will require strong analytical and problem-solving skills, quantitative skills, business acumen, a client service mindset and excitement to be embedded in the Communications and Media industries and the clients that we serve. Flexibility, personal drive and an eagerness to learn and apply new skills and knowledge are of paramount importance.
This role will have the opportunity to work on the following
• Thought leadership reports and industry points of view: Develop cutting-edge points of view from the comprehensive set of new research assets and IP to reshape the market. This might be to drive customer outcomes, shape CEO thinking, support clients, the media and in conferences. Accenture Research helps create and write those viewpoints. Many of our projects are published and quoted in the press.
• Research assets for client work: Work alongside alongside our strategy and consulting colleagues to provide research and industry expertise that informs and drives client opportunities. Typical work with our clients might be to analyse their digital strategy and activities against key players in the market; to analyse new and emerging competitors, identify untapped areas of growth or project future trends and their likely impact on the business.
In all cases the Communications and Media Research Specialist will be expected to be comfortable working on data driven research projects. A sound knowledge of the communications or media industry is advantageous, but not necessary. However, the willingness to want to learn about them is critically important.
The Communications and Media Research Specialist will eventually be expected to understand the key issues facing communications and media industries in order to drive Accenture’s industry strategy. It is also critical to understand key consumer, business, market and technology trends impacting the communications and media industries, and continually build expertise in core areas of interest by staying abreast of key industry developments.
About the role
ROLE Communications and Media Research Specialist / CL9
INNOVATION • Assists and supports the development of thought-provoking insights through market analysis and in-depth review of trends
• Draws on both traditional and innovative data sources and research methodologies to explore key questions in a logical, structured manner
• Accenture is a data-driven organization! You will need to understand and audit the data needed to underpin effective industry consulting and strategy work
• Updates our proprietary in-house models and provides results to the practice when needed
• Build dashboards and insightful visualization using BI tools like Power BI/Qlik
• Basic working knowledge Python, R or SPSS for statistical research, data modelling and visualization will be a plus
REPUTATION • At ease with number crunching
• Can easily work with BI tools (Power BI, Tableau etc.)
• An expert in secondary information sources and data gathering
• May contribute to articles/blogs/thought pieces through Accenture’s publication channels and other channels
• Be an advocate of the communications and media industries
IMPACT • Research focused on Accenture Business and Accenture’s Clients business (“so what?”) with major and long-lasting impact
• Credible in presenting work and results
COMPLEXITY • Ability to work on multiple engagement and geographies at any one time. Work is mostly virtual, but with global presence/reach
SKILLS • Collaborative working style
• Individual contributor role
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive skill set:
• Hard skills:
o Strong grasp of data, with ability to analyze, visualize, and interpret
o An appetite to use data creatively to drive business outcomes
o Able to learn and embrace new sources, tools, and skills, including alternative modes of research delivery/data visualization tools also a plus (e.g., Power BI, Qlik etc.). Eventually must be able to develop dashboards on Power BI/Qlik.
o Knowledge of research techniques including surveys, qualitative research and data science a plus
o Experience or demonstrated interest in the communications and media industries including the role of data, digital and technology in disrupting industries
o Interest in data driven storytelling
• Soft skills:
o Intellectual curiosity
o Willingness to learn and grow
o Attention to detail
o Clear enthusiasm for research
o Ability to plan and manage time and own workload
o Strong communications skills and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
o Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately and effectively
Reports to: Thought Leadership Research Senior Principal
Supervises: None. This is an individual contributor role
• A bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, economics, business, finance, or other related areas.
• Advanced degree (MBA or Masters in relevant fields) preferred.
• Specialist: ~5 to 8 years research experience
• 5+ years of work experience preferably in a consulting environment, third party research organization, or role in the strategy function of a supply chain organization. Intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial attitude
• Experience with data science and visualization and design thinking as well as public speaking
• Worked with a start-up, global / large private corporation or institution, research think tank or recognized research provider or design company
• Presented to senior stakeholders
• Collaborated in a team of researchers, using research tools and methodologies, including on a virtual basis
Location: Bengaluru (preferably) OR Gurugram, India
Preferred start date: As soon as possible
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.