Accenture is a leading global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Accenture Research identifies and anticipates game-changing business, market and technology trends through provocative thought leadership. Our 300 researchers partner with world-class organizations to discover innovative solutions for our clients.
Combining the power of innovative research techniques with a deep understanding of our clients’ industries, researchers and analysts spans 20 countries and publishes hundreds of reports, articles and points of view every year. Our thought-provoking trends research—supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations such as MIT and Harvard Business School—guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic value modeling, analytics, crowdsourcing, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners.
Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. Accenture Research is part of Accenture’s Chief Strategy Officer’s Office.
The CG&S Research Senior Analyst supports senior researchers on both internal and client-facing research projects globally. Responsibilities will include carrying out small research projects and actively contributing to more complex projects led by others. The role will require strong analytical and problem-solving skills, quantitative skills, business acumen, a client service mindset and above all, a passion for the CG&S and Retail industry and the clients that we serve. Flexibility, personal drive and an eagerness to learn and apply new skills and knowledge are of paramount importance.
Senior Research analysts will have the opportunity to work on the following
• Thought leadership reports and industry points of view: Develop cutting-edge points of view from the comprehensive set of new research assets and IP to reshape the market. This might be to drive customer outcomes, shape CEO thinking, support clients, the media and in conferences. Accenture Research helps create and write those viewpoints. Many of our projects are published and quoted in the press.
• Research assets for client work: Develop research that compels clients and where we work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research and industry expertise. Typical work with our clients might be to analyse their digital strategy and activities against key players in the market; to analyse new and emerging competitors, identify untapped areas of growth or project future trends and their likely impact on the business.
In all cases the CG&S Industry Research Senior Analyst will be expected to be comfortable working on data driven research projects. A sound knowledge of the CG&S and retail industry is advantageous, but not necessary. However, the willingness to want to learn about them is critically important.
The Research Senior Analyst will eventually be expected to understand the key issues facing CG&S players and retailers and the CG&S industry at large to be able to design core research questions to help inform and overcome. It is also critical to understand key consumer, market and technology trends impacting the CG&S and retail industry, and continually build expertise in core areas of interest by staying abreast of key industry developments
• Assists and supports the development of thought-provoking insights through market analysis and in-depth review of trends, guided by the Research lead
• Draw on both traditional and innovative data sources and research methodologies to explore the key questions in a logical, structured manner
• Analyze, visualize, and interpret data from multiple sources for client use
• Accenture is a data-driven organization! You will need to understand and audit the data needed to underpin effective industry consulting and strategy work
• Updates our proprietary in-house models and provides results to the practice when needed
• Can build dashboards and insightful visualization using BI tools like Power BI/Qlik
• Basic working knowledge Python, R or SPSS for statistical research, data modelling and visualization will be a plus
• At ease with number crunching
• Can easily work with BI tools (Power BI, Tableau etc.)
• An expert in secondary information sources and data gathering
• May contribute to articles/blogs/thought pieces through Accenture’s publication channels and other channels
• Be an advocate of the CG&S and retail sectors
• Research focused on Accenture Business and Accenture’s Clients business (“so what?”) with major and long-lasting impact
• Credible in presenting work and results
• Ability to work on multiple engagement and geographies at any one time. Work is mostly virtual, but with global presence/reach
• Collaborative working style
• Individual contributor role
• No people management responsibilities
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive skill set:
• Hard skills:
o Strong grasp of data, with ability to analyze, visualize, and interpret
o An appetite to use data creatively to drive business outcomes
o Able to learn and embrace new sources, tools, and skills, including alternative modes of research delivery/data visualization tools also a plus (e.g., Power BI, Qlik etc.). Eventually must be able to develop dashboards on Power BI/Qlik.
o Familiarity with Power Query editor will be an added advantage.
o Foundation of core research strategy skills & problem solving
o Attention to detail
o Experience or demonstrated interest in the CG&S industry, including sense of the role of data, digital and technology in disrupting the CG&S and Retail industry
o Interest in data driven storytelling
• Soft skills:
o Intellectual curiosity
o Willingness to learn and grow
o Clear enthusiasm for research
o Ability to plan and manage time and own workload
o Strong communications skills and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
o Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately and effectively
Reports to: Research Manager
Supervises: None. This is an individual contributor role
• A bachelor’s degree in economics, business, finance, engineering, computer science or other related areas.
• Advanced degree (MBA or Masters in relevant fields) preferred.
• Business Research Analyst/Associate/Senior Analyst or similar
• <1 to max 2.5 years of research experience
• Business research experience, preferably in a consulting environment, market research firm, think tank, financial institution, or other third party research organization or demonstrated equivalent skill
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.