Accenture is a leading global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Global Legal Network is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centers of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
Contracting Legal Professionals (CLP) in Accenture’s Corporate Functions organization coordinate and deliver legal, contract and commercial counsel in support of Accenture's business. CLPs identify and help manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies, while providing guidance and negotiating contracts leveraging commercial and market relevant positions.
Review, draft, and negotiate several types of contractual agreements in a fast-paced corporate environment which may include: master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, blockchain security, automation, systems integration and agile development. Team with more senior CLPs in supporting more complex contracts and deal structures. Act, and continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions.
• Independently, and help to, structure, negotiate and close client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
• Strategize with senior CLPs and internal business clients prior to client negotiations
• Stay abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices
• Educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues
• Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business and advise other CLPs in such areas
• Participate in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge capital on various legal and business issues
• Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
• Embrace and evolve to gain expertise in seven Contracting attributes, including becoming a pathfinder, architect, business-minded, nonconformist, inspired, relevant and technology enabled contracting professional
Reports to: Contracting Lead for the MU
Supervises: No direct supervisory responsibility
External Relationships: Accenture client executives and negotiating teams; Outside Counsel
• Law Degree
• Authorized and licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
• A minimum 4 years of experience in digital, consulting, systems integration, and/or outsourcing areas in roles with increasing responsibility, such experience should be in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group in a relevant industry
• Minimum of 2 years of experience negotiating Intellectual Property and Data Privacy issues preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Accomplished negotiator with an understanding of principle-based negotiation strategy and tactics including the ability to present alternatives with proposed solutions
• Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions independently
• Experience negotiating and drafting technology-based agreements
• Understand basic principles of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management
• Strong executive presence
• Good understanding of contracting/risk issues, including IP, as they apply to digital, consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Additional Desirable Criteria:
• 8-10 years of total experience in legal services (for GLN applicants)
• Travel required.
• Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration. [REMOVE IF REQUIRED PER LOCAL PROCESS]
Permanent Transfer Requirements [For Internal Applicants]:
When applying to an open internal position, all employees must meet the Permanent Transfers Requirements in Policy 500 - Permanent Position and Career Model Transfers. A summary of the employee requirements are listed below. See the policy for full information (link to policy is highlighted below).
• Employees must meet the requirements for the position, including the minimum and/or basic qualifications and performance requirements.
• Employees are expected to be in their current position for a minimum of 12 months before applying to a new position.
• If considering a cross-border position, please pay particular attention to the visa and/or work permit requirements. In most cases, employees must already possess the appropriate work authorization for the country where the position is located.
• Employees participating in a group program for temporary international transfers, including those in the Global Careers Program (GCP), who are interested in applying to a posted internal position outside of their home location, need to comply with Policy 750 International Temporary Transfers for Groups (link to policy is highlighted below).
• Employees applying concurrently for more than one position must make the recruiter aware of the other applications during their first interview.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world's leading companies and governments, now's the time to join the world's largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law"
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at email@example.com immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.