Accenture is a leading global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology, Security and Operations.
Ethics & Compliance (Anticorruption) Role Summary – To support the Anticorruption Team in driving various Business Intermediary (BI) or sub-contractor approval processes like conducting due diligence and drafting & review of reports. To handle responsibilities related to people and process management as required for the team.
• Understand the CORE areas
• Understand relevant company policies
• Proactively enhance knowledge in context of the support area
• Understand company's approval processes and ensures that all stakeholders are timely engaged and informed on the relevant process
• Assist team in drafting checklists, process documents and generic tracking reports
• Directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues
• Recognize issues and provide timely escalation to Team Lead or appropriate stakeholders
• Understand and suggest process improvements in the support area
• Provide on the job training and support to the new joiners of the team
• Supervise resources, as required
• Support implementation of new initiatives in the support area or within Legal/GLN
• Build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
• Support tech team in development of new tech tool or enhancement of existing ones
• Manage SharePoint and communication records
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
• Ensure Business Sponsor and BI forms are completed correctly
• Recognize issues and provide timely escalation to BI Team Lead, Anticorruption Counsels, or appropriate stakeholders/players
• Communicate BI Process and issues clearly
• Ensure compliance with Anticorruption covenants and internal policies & procedures
• Manage low to high complexity BIs/BDAs
• Conduct Due Diligence (DD) for entities in various process within the team
• Conduct DD for government or government owned entities per relevant Accenture Policy
• Conduct DD of target companies and key resources to be acquired by Accenture or enter into a joint venture agreement
• Conduct DD for all business intermediaries, subcontractors, individual contractors within all processes and policies
• Maintain case trackers for requests/cases reviewed
• Ensure general understanding of BI/BDA process within/outside the team
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Law.
Certifications and Membership:
• Compliance related global professional certification considered a plus.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience at law firm or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing
• Travel may be required
• Fluency in English (and other language, depending on geography supported) with strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience in generic/legal research and reporting, including due diligence, especially in the anticorruption, ethics, and compliance area would be a plus
• Basic awareness of Accenture offerings and function specific services performed
• Understands commercial agreements, legal and compliance principles
• Understands general corporate business practices and contracting regulations
• Demonstrates promptness, accuracy and consistency with the activities supported
• Demonstrates ability to work under pressure, with exposure to leadership
• Able to assist with day to day support and to understand delivery requirements
• Detail-oriented, sound judgement, prioritization, organized, and adaptable
• Good at using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
• Comfortable with technology and has experience in the use of tools & databases
• Effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations
• Demonstrates keenness to learn and train on new processes and areas
• Team player who looks to build trust-based relationships; proactively helps new members
• Open to work with and understand cross-cultures and locations throughout Accenture global organization
• Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world's leading companies and governments, now's the time to join the world's largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law"
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.