Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries - powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 514,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
The Trade Compliance Counsel – APAC plays a key role in promoting Accenture’s compliance with international trade control requirements, regulations and Accenture policies, with the goal of protecting the assets and reputation of Accenture.
The Trade Compliance Counsel – APAC supports the Senior Managing Director – Trade Compliance and the Director of Legal Services – Trade Compliance, Americas and APAC, with the implementation and management of Accenture’s Trade Compliance Program and serves as a subject matter expert on international trade controls risk mitigation. This person helps the Legal team and the business understand trade and export control related risks, compliance and program controls.
The Trade Compliance Counsel – APAC will coordinate with and leverage expertise from all teams within CORE, Global Contracting, Contract Management, other areas of Legal, and outside counsel, as necessary.
The Trade Compliance Counsel – APAC is expected to demonstrate leadership behaviors, which include adhering to Accenture’s Core Values (Best People, Stewardship, Integrity, Client Value Creation, Respect for the Individual, and One Global Network). He/she is also expected to promote and practice all aspects of Accenture’s leadership DNA (innovate for results, advocate an inspiring vision, collaborate across the ecosystem, execute with agility, and personalize in a truly human way).
The role will focus on providing subject matter expertise and support to global business and corporate functions in respect of international trade control related laws and regulations. It will particularly collaborate and provide legal guidance to various legal, security, and business teams regarding Accenture solutions, including addressing changes in the law that impact Accenture’s business.
The scope of work encompasses broad support to other parts of the Legal function, the Trade Compliance Program and business stakeholders on transactional trade compliance matters in client contracts, and trade-related reviews of the company’s services and offerings. This role will be responsible for developing and delivering relevant trade compliance training and awareness materials, as well as tools, templates, resources and guidance materials.
Specified Duties Include:
• Supports the implementation of Accenture’s Trade Compliance program initiatives, including:
o Development and delivery of Trade Compliance training
o Development, review and implementation of Trade Compliance policies and internal controls
o Planning and drafting Trade Compliance communications with internal stakeholders
o Working with senior management and outside counsel to conduct risk assessments, recommend improvements to the compliance program, and support the implementation of adopted recommendations
o Working with internal stakeholders to build trade compliance and monitoring tools to help Accenture executives flag, escalate and mitigate risks associated with international trade controls.
• Provides objective, focused, practical advice and solutions to Accenture businesses and Legal Professionals regarding compliance with international trade controls and regulations, Accenture’s Code of Business Ethics, Accenture’s Trade Compliance policies, and all other related policies.
• Collaborates with Legal colleagues and the business to identify, analyze and mitigate Trade compliance-based risk.
• Collaborates with Legal Mergers & Acquisitions colleagues and Corporate Development to identify, analyze and mitigate substantive Trade compliance-based issues.
• Collaborates with other CORE colleagues to: (a) provide thought leadership for Accenture’s compliance efforts generally by staying abreast of compliance industry best practices and changes in laws and regulations, and (b) assist in the development of related policies to address business and legal requirements.
• Conducts localized training on Trade Compliance issues.
• Responds to and helps manage internal audits and internal investigations related to international trade control issues.
• Provides additional support, and assumes additional responsibilities, as directed by the Senior Managing Director – Trade Compliance and/or the Director of Legal Services – Trade Compliance, Americas and APAC.
• Operates in a cost-effective manner consistent with relevant Accenture policies.
Reports to: Director of Legal Services – Trade Compliance, Americas and APAC
• Legal, including Contracting, Offerings, Alliances, Geographic Operations, Digital and Strategic Offerings, Contract Management, as well as external counsel
• Market Unit and/or Geographic leadership and other key business leadership
• Security consulting practice in the region
• Legal Ventures & Acquisitions team
• Related subject matter experts (e.g. anti-money laundering, anticorruption)
• Trade Compliance professionals at client and peer companies
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at email@example.com immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.