Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries - powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 513,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Manage and support initiatives driven by the Procurement Plus Travel & Mobility Global Category Lead(s):
• Drive P+ value contribution and service while ensuring compliance with policies and strategies
• Manage small to mid-sized category projects and support category leads on large scale initiatives
• Provide support for category leads across various travel sub-categories and industries
• Perform strategic analysis and evaluation of data, market insights, contracts to identify opportunities
• Support RfPs, Negotiations and contracting managed by service delivery with Category Mgmt. input
• Help communicating, executing and implementing global category initiatives
Support management of the Procurement Plus Travel & Mobility category on a global level:
• Support knowledge sharing between P+ and travel & mobility category resources across the globe
• Support the Global Category Leads with the identification of opportunities and definition of strategy
• Support benchmarking of category practices with global trends to identify improvement initiatives
• Support assessing impact of changing business requirements, including legislation and policies
Support successful implementation of global strategy and agreements:
• Support global category strategy development and implementation
• Support regional category management activities in line with global category strategy
• Promote the use of contracts and buying channels according to category strategies
Support managing supplier and customer relationships on a global level:
• Support management of global supplier relationships in line with Category and 360 strategy
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key internal customers and stakeholders
• Manage internal customer feedback on category organization & supplier performance
Perform category management activities for projects on a global level:
• Support the category strategy implementation/execution for global projects and initiatives
• Perform supplier selection and fact-based negotiations in alignment with Global Category Leads
• Involve the business for actions related to supplier base optimization, KPI implementation
• Identify, support and implement improvement initiatives, e.g. specification optimization
• Global Category Lead(s)
• Global Business Stakeholders
• Regional/Local Service Delivery Teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good knowledge in category management, sourcing as well as project management and planning
• Good knowledge of procurement and category strategy development and conveyance
• Strong knowledge in sourcing and procurement methodologies and concepts
• Strong knowledge of the travel & mobility industry and commercial models
• Strong in data analytics and the ability to analyze specifications and influence demand
• Capability to independently interact throughout the broader Accenture organization
• Analytical, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Good knowledge of procurement tools content
• Project and process management knowledge and experience
• Forward, out of the box thinking and an innovative, disruptive and open mindset
• Action oriented and solution minded team player with high degree of self-management
• Fluent in English, spoken and written
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, procurement, travel or comparable professional education
• At least 5 years working experience in similar or adequate roles in procurement environment, ideally with project and people management elements
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at email@example.com immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.