Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions —underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 492,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Job description :
Accenture’s Finance organization is composed of the best and brightest minds in professional finance. You’ll join other exceptional professionals who deliver the financial services and strategic business partnerships that help drive and sustain profitable growth across all five Accenture businesses—Accenture Strategy, Accenture Consulting, Accenture Digital, Accenture Technology and Accenture Operations. Our more than 5,800 people around the world are incredibly talented, creative, innovative and motivated.
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, and Workplace Solutions--offers the essential expertise that enables our more than 482,000 employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Be the engine that powers Accenture, a $31 billion company that provides consulting and outsourcing services to more than 40 industries--including 94 of the Fortune 100, and governments around the world.
JOB SUMMARY (bullet points):
Assist with ensuring U.S. GAAP Close:
• Ownership of Accounting & Reporting for specific processes for Accenture European Company Codes in compliance with corporate policies and processes.
• Ensure adequacy/effectiveness of Financial controls both at Operational and Process levels.
• Ensure sufficient input and support for the Leads/Managers for Month End/other period closings related activities & Controllership initiatives working in multiple time zones
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (bullet points):
Ability to grasp multiple complex activities from different processes (as key member) with wing to wing understanding of the entire process extending complete support to the next lead level.
• Good understanding of P&L and Balance Sheet movements
• Financial accounting knowledge with sound understanding of GAAP
• Ability to work with tight deadlines. Demonstrate established competency in planning and organizing - needs to be a well-organized self-starter who can manage a range of competing priorities and projects.
• Support in compliances like the Sarbanes Oxley Internal Controls
• Demonstrate innovation with focus to improve process-enhance efficiencies and add value, ensuring quality consciousness in all operational aspects of the team.
• Self-motivated and capable of working effectively individually as well as part of a team
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (bullet points):
B’com / M’com with more than 5 years of Post qualification experience or Qualified CA / ICWA with relevant exposure. Should have good understanding of international GAAP accounting and the impact of entries on profit and loss account and Balance Sheet.
• Understands and working knowledge of SAP FI module is preferred else at least some ERP knowledge is required
• MS office (must), Blackline, VBA, MS Access skills and Excel macros (an added advantage)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (bullet points):
Accountancy qualification preferably a Chartered Accountant / Strong experienced Commerce Graduate
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
• You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
• The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
• You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
• Accenture offers a comprehensive benefits package – learn more here (insert appropriate link specific to country).
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at email@example.com immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.