Job Title: Data Scientist
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product sales leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining or data analysis methods using a variety of data tools building and implementing models using or creating algorithms and creating or running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Responsibilities for Data Scientist
• Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
• Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development marketing techniques and business strategies.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences revenue generation ad targeting and other business outcomes.
• Develop company A or B testing framework and test model quality.
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Qualifications for Data Scientist
• Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
• Experience using statistical computer languages .R SAS Python SLQ etc.. to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
• Experience working with and creating data architectures.
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques .clustering decision tree learning artificial neural networks etc.. and their real-world advantages or drawbacks.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts .regression properties of distributions statistical tests and proper usage etc.. and experience with applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
• We’re looking for someone with 4-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics Mathematics Computer Science or another quantitative field and is familiar with the following software or tools:
o Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C C++ Java
o Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM or Regression Random Forest Boosting Trees text mining social network analysis etc.
o Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R SAS Python SLQ etc.
o Experience using web services: Redshift S3 Spark DigitalOcean etc.
o Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression simulation scenario analysis modeling clustering decision trees neural networks etc.
o Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics Site Catalyst Coremetrics Adwords Crimson Hexagon Facebook Insights etc.
o Experience with distributed data or computing tools: Map or Reduce Hadoop Hive Spark Gurobi MySQL etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Francisco
Salesforce Functional Manager- West
North America Inclusion & Diversity Marketing & Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications
USA TX - Dallas
Java Full Stack Developer
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.