- Job description
Accenture’s Finance organization is composed of the best and brightest minds in professional finance. You’ll join other exceptional professionals who deliver the financial services and strategic business partnerships that help drive and sustain profitable growth across all five Accenture businesses—Accenture Strategy, Accenture Consulting, Accenture Digital, Accenture Technology and Accenture Operations. Our more than 5,800 people around the world are incredibly talented, creative, innovative and motivated.
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, and Workplace Solutions--offers the essential expertise that enables our more than 394,000 employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Be the engine that powers Accenture, a $31 billion company that provides consulting and outsourcing services to more than 40 industries--including 94 of the Fortune 100, and governments around the world.
JOB SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Job role would include
• Opportunity support - Prepare and/or review costing and pricing scenarios for consulting contract
• Liaising with onshore CFM to ensure job codes are setup on a timely basis
• Detailed expense reports on a project by project basis being prepared and sent to onshore finance on a prompt and regular basis
• Manage expenses: review and follow-up on questionable or invalid expenses
• Ensuring resources have a valid code before they start working on any project/ engagement
• Flagging up with the relevant regions if a new job code is required
• Ensuring timely & accurate time recording; Establish reconciliation processes
• Producing weekly staffing report and reconciling total headcount numbers with forecast
• Liaise with Accenture/IDC managers to provide an accurate forecast; Mid month analysis/monitoring of projects to improve financial forecasts
• Assist onshore PM’s in analyzing variances to forecast, reports etc
• Prepare internal reports: financial statements, budget to actual comparison, margin, recovery analysis, non-billable expenses, etc. Distribute reports to appropriate audience etc:
• Ensure compliance to Accenture financial policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP
• Execute/establish an Accenture time reporting process: determine time reporting method and establish a time report collection and audit process
• Perform forecast management activities (input collection, processing, reasonableness validation, interpretation and report creation
• Works with Delivery to ensure that all projects are invoiced correctly and on-time.
• Works with Project Managers to monitor engagement profitability
• As needed, develops and prepares engagement-specific financial reports for client management.
• Provides guidance to Project Managers with respect to financial reporting concepts, key financial metrics, etc.
• Works with the CFM lead to provide appropriate engagement-specific financial data for regional budgets and forecasts.
• May work with an offshore team that deals with the posting of the invoices and/or other OTC activities
• Completes detailed monthly close activities for projects in scope and presents to manager for review.
• Timely delivery of Ad-hoc requests
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/Experience & Skill sets
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner
• Maintain security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents
• Develop a good knowledge of structured delivery processes, standards, guidelines and document formats
• Work closely with Finance personnel on a daily basis. Maintain significant contact with personnel from all departments. Partner with procurement, accounts payable, controllership, legal, IT, HR, and local Business Development and Delivery Management communities
• Respect diversity
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Programs (Excel and Access);
• Ability to commute to and between client sites; ability to travel and work out of town for extended periods of time, as required.
• Project management and job costing experience essential
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Analyze financial status and advise on corrective action
• Participate in finance collaboration calls, knowledge sharing activities locally and organizationally
• Willingness to work from any Accenture facilities in Bangalore
B.com with CA Inter / ICWA Inter/ MBA from Tier 2 colleges with specialization in finance