- Job description
Be the engine that powers Accenture, a $31 billion company that provides consulting and outsourcing services to more than 40 industries--including 94 of the FORTUNE 100, and governments around the world. Our Corporate Functions offer the essential expertise that enables our more than 373,000 employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference. Build a career at a company that can take you anywhere—join the Accenture Adventure.
Geographic Services is integral to the success of Accenture’s high performance business – bringing together internal services, providers, and infrastructure across the globe to enable our growing employee base to deliver exceptional service to our clients. We collaborate seamlessly to provide first-class, proactive support across all aspects of services and facilities such as travel, procurement, real estate, workplace operations, people mobility and internal shared services.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and write research proposals and market the Accenture Research Data Science capability to senior leadership internally in Accenture businesses globally , with the goal to differentiate Accenture Thought Leadership and / or win new consulting engagements in the market place
- Represent Accenture Research in client-facing situations, for instance in proposals and live presentations where a core part of the research solution resides in data science.
- Raise awareness and understanding of data science research tools and outputs in Accenture and Accenture Research, eg. text analytics, sentiment analysis, data-wrangling, machine learning, web-scraping etc.
- Manage an India team that researches, tests, and deploys of a diverse set of data science models.
- Assist in growing data science skills in the team, ie. organizing learning activities, create x-pollination opportunities.
- Interact and collaborate with economists and industry researchers to embed data science inputs into economic models and other research projects
- Build data science research assets that differentiate Accenture Research in the market
- Develop data assets and apps to be used by researchers and consultants.
- Carry data management activities (ETL) and collaborate with data architecture, and IT performance teams
- Help develop a Data Lake to improve data management in Accenture Research.
• Overall 10+ years of experience with atleast 5-7 years of hands-on mathematical/statistical modeling experience in a business research and analytics environment
• Track record of using data science in business research projects
• Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to make sense out of data
• Proven experience in working with large datasets and relational databases (SQL)
• Excellent understanding of data science toolbox (eg. R, Python, Stata and SPSS etc.)
• Experience in analyzing, interpreting and making sense of complex data on various formats (text, numeric, image, JSON etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques (regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, etc.)
• Experience in leading and building teams
• Proven ability to manage people and research projects
• Curious, data fan with a strong research drive
• Solution oriented: Pragmatic approach to research problems
• Experience in supervising and coaching data scientists and statisticians
• Proven ability to work in teams and intercultural environments as well as flexibility to work with team mates in different time zones.
• Strong people developer / change management skills
• Entrepreneurial attitude. Creative and independent approach to research problems.
• Strong professional qualities: client focus, decisiveness, integrity, resilience to stress against stretch goals, deadlines.
• Strong communications skills (focus on actionable intelligence) and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
• Experienced Manager or similar
• Global / large private corporation or institution, R&D Lab, research think tank or recognized research government agency
Location: Bangalore, India
• BE/B.Tech from top institutions like IITs and NITs plus a desirable MBA from a Tier 1, Tier2 institute; OR
• Masters or PhD in one or more of the following quantitative disciplines, i.e. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics from top tier institutes;
• BE from good Engineering colleges and Mas