- Job description
Be the engine that powers Accenture, a $32.9 billion company that provides consulting and outsourcing services to more than 40 industries--including 94 of the FORTUNE 100, and governments around the world. Our Corporate Functions offer the essential expertise that enables our more than 411,000 employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference. Build a career at a company that can take you anywhere—join the Accenture Adventure.
As a member of Marketing & Communications (M&C), you’ll help get the word out about one of the world’s most valuable brands, a company that services clients in 120 countries—including many of the world’s governments—and is regularly named one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies To Work For.”
The position is responsible for the strategy, collaboration, execution and measurement of PR & Media Relations Campaigns, with the goal of building and enhancing a favorable image of Accenture in India with employees, potential candidates, clients, potential customers, influencers and the public. The individual will be part of a team of senior Media Relations professionals in India, who are leading media relations efforts in their respective regions and driving specific business imperatives. The individual will interface with the Public Relations agency and optimize their effectiveness to meet our deliverables of them. Areas of focus primarily include, but are not limited to, image building for Accenture’s Delivery Centers in India (Technology and Operations), Accenture’s innovation leadership, Accenture Labs, corporate brand positioning, crisis communications, messaging and media training.
• Along with the Media Relations lead for Accenture’s Delivery Centers in India, engage with and act as key communications advisor to the leadership teams in India at Accenture Technology, Accenture Operations, and Accenture Labs.
• Collaborate with business stakeholders and spokespeople to develop media messaging strategy for the PR program, and plan and manage the implementation of the program.
• Work synergistically with Media Relations teams and Integrated Marketing & Communications teams within and outside India on message development.
• Create and execute PR & Media Relations strategy for India geography operations, reflecting the business and people goals of the geography, and evaluate the best use of new and existing communication practices and vehicles to also enhance the corporate and diversity image of Accenture in India.
• Provide crisis communications advice and media strategy, as needed.
• Foster strategic relationships across cities with key media and industry trade bodies and serve as one of the key PR contacts within the organization for them.
• Direct effective and regular information dissemination to press and industry influencers.
• Participate in the measurement of Media Relations efforts and campaign deliverables, and apply learnings to optimize strategy.
• Work effectively with the PR agency in meeting our end-deliverables.
• Build working knowledge as well as educate the PR agency team’s comprehension of Accenture’s business, its competition and the industry.
• Reports to: Media Relations Lead – Accenture Delivery Centers in India
• External Relationship: Public Relations Agency and other third-party vendors
• Education: University degree or equivalent; Master’s degree in Mass Communications or Journalism preferred
• Work Experience: Between 9 – 11 years of experience in corporate communications, PR or marketing communications roles in a large complex global organization (IT-business and consulting experience preferred) with some years of agency exposure. Experience in the technology domain is a must
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Understanding of the IT Services industry, Accenture’s area of business and overall business strategy
• Global perspective and understanding of business marketplace
• Deep knowledge of Public Relations essentials, including communication planning, audience analysis, message development and media training
• Excellent understanding of the media landscape in India, proven record of developing and nurturing relationships with senior media (especially technology and B2B)
• Excellent written and communications skills
• Strong stakeholder and project management skills
• Negotiation, mediation and conflict management skills to resolve complex issues
• Strong MS Office skills—Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.