Skill required: Catastrophe Underwriting - Catastrophe Management
Job Location: Bengaluru
Years of Experience: 1-3 years
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Technology and Operations services, and Accenture Song— all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.Visit us at www.accenture.com
What would you do?
You will be aligned to our Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, and Capital Market vertical which is focused on helping clients with their operations & investment portfolios.
This team is responsible for providing insurance account data entry, enhancement, coding, and modeling support to underwriting and regional catastrophe teams globally. They help in processing submission data files within stipulated time frames by entering them into account modeling systems, translating, coding to model recognizable format(s), assessing, correcting location addresses and geocoding using Google. The team helps in modeling one or more different policy structures per account, and multiple options as requested by the underwriter. Modeling accounts to estimate catastrophe losses from all perils using multiple catastrophe models and provide catastrophe modeling results to support the pricing and underwriting process.
In this role, you will be working closely with Account Modeling (AM), Regional Portfolio (RP), Corporate CAT Risk Aggregation (CCRA), and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) teams and deliver catastrophe risk analytics and portfolio CAT reporting. You will perform commercial line rollups & explore various data topics to improve the data validation, reconciliation, reinsurance captures & reporting to stakeholders setting technical pricing for property & casualty policies (both retail and non-retail) & portfolio modeling for quarterly financial reports. The role requires for you to conduct research, create or validate existing CAT models for regions around the world, develop underwriting solutions for risk selection and technical pricing, examine the scientific basis of commercial Catastrophe models from vendors such as RMS and AIR-Worldwide, identify possible biases and erroneous assumptions and provide remediating actions to establish the view of risk.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have the following skillset:
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Agility for quick learning
- Ability to work well in a team
- Prioritization of workload
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role, you are required to solve routine problems, largely through precedent and referral to general guidelines
- Your expected interactions are within your team and direct supervisor
- You will be provided detailed to a moderate level of instruction on daily work tasks and detailed instruction on new assignments and the decisions that you make that would impact your work
- You will need to be well versed with basic statistics and terms involved in the day to day business and use it while discussing with stakeholders
- You will be required to help in the overall team's workload by managing your deliverables and help the team when required
- You will be an individual contributor as a part of a team, with a predetermined focused scope of work.
Please note this role may require you to work in rotational shifts.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.