Commercial Strategy Consultant
The Dock, Dublin 2
Are you passionate about shaping compelling client strategies and engaging with key stakeholders to shape their innovation agenda?
Innovation Led Consulting (ILC) at The Dock tackles these kinds of challenging questions in partnership with our client account teams across each industry Accenture operate in. We specialise in helping our C-suite clients to identify breakthrough ideas; work with ecosystem partners; develop solution prototypes; and connect client work into longer term innovation engagements.
What you'll be doing
As a Commercial Strategy consultant, you will be part of the team delivering on our client facing strategy development. You will work with global clients across all industries, ensuring together, we are progressing in a way that will help the client realise a market driven insight and ultimately, a tangible growth opportunity.
Our Commercial Strategy team work alongside Innovation experts, Technical Architects, Business Analysts, Designers, Researchers and Client teams. The successful candidate will work on new business building opportunities to help Accenture and the client understand project viability, market attractiveness, the competitive landscape, product feature alignment, market segmentation, pricing and go-to-market. They will need to work positively and effectively within highly talented, constructive and experienced teams. This is very much a role that requires balance and flexibility between discipline and also requires being adaptable and practical within changing environments.
- Critically assess new business opportunities through client pain point identification and value proposition development
- Synthesize your findings and summarize a broad range of data inputs (e.g. industry & market trends, competitor dynamics, start-up ecosystem investments and current events) into frameworks that enable clear communication of data and insights
- Develop robust commercial models for new business opportunities to ensure the commercial viability of client deliverables
- Work with Accenture’s client, and client account team to show how solution links to goals, drivers and unlocks value in client’s context
- Provide input into innovation design and commercial expertise during client sessions
- Support with innovation program outputs, and next steps / setting direction
- Identify emerging opportunities to grow the client’s innovation agenda and work with client account teams to develop tangible next steps for future opportunities
Experience and Qualification
- 3-5 years’ experience in either; commercial/ business strategy or product development strategy
- Familiarity of bringing new products, services and assets to market
- A healthy obsession with business and business model innovation
- A strong understanding of Economics, Finance and Marketing, preferably demonstrated by real world experience
- Experience demonstrating knowledge of industry technology areas and trends
- Comfortable with ambiguity - Experience working in a fast-paced environment with sight of growth strategy. You move quickly, think strategically, and are superb at tactical execution
- Previous experience in the preparation and presentation of design workshops and the ability to explain complex solutions to all key stakeholders
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence at all levels in the organisation
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 500,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.