Ecosystems Counsel Senior Manager – Strategic Partnering
Scope and Key Responsibilities:
Strategic Partnering (Alliances):
- Provide general subject matter guidance to business and legal teams regarding alliance and go-to-market matters
- Counsel business and legal teams on go-to-market offerings and solutions with partners; deal structures (e.g. SaaS, bundled solutions, white label, prime/sub); intellectual property, licenses and access/use rights; policy and legal compliance; and other support relating to the firm’s partners and go-to-market endeavors
- Draft and negotiate various agreements, including master alliance, teaming, subcontracts, software licenses, access/use agreements, joint development, and various other documents
- Provide general legal support to the Ecosystem Partnerships and Sourcing business group (“EP&S”)
- Coordinate and collaborate with other legal teams within the Global Services legal group (“GSL”, of which Strategic Partnering is a part) along with other teams across the legal group
- Aid in the development of training and knowledge transfer tools and materials.
- Mentor and help develop junior members of the team
- Support the firm’s compliance with all applicable policies
Reports to: Global Strategic Partnering legal lead
Relationships: EP&S business group; GSL and other legal teams, including Resale and Agency Transactions, Strategic Sourcing, Sales and Delivery (“Contracting”), Offerings, Compliance, Litigation, and others; subject matter experts (e.g. Data Protection, Global Tax, Global Risk Management); and outside counsel
Education: JD and admission in good standing with applicable bar association(s) (or their local equivalents)
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant legal experience in a corporate or law firm setting
- Experience with emerging technologies and offerings (e.g. cloud, security, AI) and related contracts and contract structures (e.g. SaaS) is preferred
- Broad transactional experience (preferably in tech industry)
- Experience working in a global setting is benficial
- Experience with alliances or other strategic partnerships is beneficial
- Sound understanding of, and ability to draft and negotiate provisions relating to, intellectual property
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience negotiating, various software licenses and access/use agreements
Attributes and Skills:
- Positive attitude
- Creative and analytical thinking
- Willingness and ability to collaborate
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to proactively organize, prioritize, make decisions, and identify risks
- Strong writing and negotiation skills
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.