Job Title: Services Counsel – Applied Intelligence
Career Level: CL7 - Manager
Workforce: Corporate Functions/Legal/Global Services Legal
Services Counsel - Applied Intelligence
The Global Services Legal team is a strategic business partner and a product counsel for the four Service lines of Accenture, i.e. Interactive, Strategy & Consulting, Technology and Operations. The Global Services Legal team is seeking to appoint a counsel to act as Services Counsel (Counsel) in support of Accenture’s Applied Intelligence, which is a part of Strategy & Consulting.
Applied Intelligence (AAI) is the world’s largest team of data scientists, data engineers, and experts in artificial intelligence. AAI believes a mix of data, analytics, automation, and responsible AI can do almost anything—spark digital metamorphoses, widen the range of what humans can do, and breathe life into smart products and services.
The variety of work of the Counsel role, and the experience it offers, provides an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
This Counsel supports the various businesses within AAI. See https://www.accenture.com/us-en/services/applied-intelligence-index for more information about AAI businesses.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the Business as a strategic partner and trusted adviser to enable growth of the Business
- Conducting legal assessments of products and services, including identifying risks and related risk mitigation strategies (contractual, operational, technical)
- Working with the Business to identify, manage and mitigate risks, comply with laws and company policies, and undertake ethical considerations in its endeavors
- Advising on data privacy issues and responsible use and management of data for B2B and B2C products and services, including artificial intelligence or machine learning technology, digital or targeted marketing campaigns, smart cloud applications, and insight and trend reports
- Developing clear communication messages, guidance, templates and trainings regarding the products and services and related use of data for sales and go to market teams, development teams, technical teams and the rest of the Legal organization.
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating data licenses, complex alliance, academic, and supplier technology transaction agreements related to client facing products and services.
- Developing strong relationships with the Business and within the AAI legal team and broader Global Services Legal organization.
- Taking on assignments as required by designated AAI Business Legal Lead and AAI Global Legal Lead.
- JD degree or equivalent degree or legal qualification.
- Admitted to the bar (or local equivalent) and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law. A Common Law qualification is preferred.
- 6+ years’ legal experience of relevant attorney work (some of which will have been gained at a leading law firm), including:
- Inbound technology transactional experience in drafting and negotiating data vendor, technology and/or OEM vendor agreements for use in B2B or B2C products or services offered to clients (, in a law firm or in a fast-paced in-house legal department or military group.
- Functional understanding of legal issues, especially data privacy related issues, related to bringing products and services offerings to market in a legally compliant manner, including offerings utilizing machine learning, third party data, or the delivery of digital or targeted marketing campaigns
- Working knowledge of: (a) data privacy issues regarding consumer or personally identifiable data; (b) IP law; and (c) open source licensing
- Experience with data licensing or monetization strategies.
- Understanding connection between in-bound agreements and client-facing agreements.
- Risk analysis, appreciation and management;
Candidates should ideally also have experience in:
- Risk identification, analysis, and management relating to products and services;
- Drafting and negotiation of client and supplier agreements, including understanding of intellectual property, data privacy and data protection issues;
- Deal shaping and evaluation of innovative commercial models for new product and service offerings; and
- Developing trusted relationships with Business teams.
- Be a self-starter, prepared to work in start-up/entrepreneurial environment
- Have a proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Have excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Have a pragmatic and practical approach to legal advice and legal support
- Be skilled at explaining legal issues and the real-world impact of the issues in a way that is understood by non-lawyers
- Have strong negotiation skills, including internally within the company and with customers or suppliers.
- Demonstrate good judgment, an ability to prioritize and make decisions, and spot and mitigate risks
- Have good organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- thrive in a constantly changing environment by showing high adaptability and comfort with ambiguity, pathfinding in the new.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite of products; and
- Proficient at speaking English.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.