Accenture seeks a qualified patent attorney with at least 8 years of patent counseling experience to join our global IP team. The candidate we seek has experience working with business leaders and innovators to shape patent strategy and obtain high-value patents. In addition, the candidate should be proactive, organized, and self-directed to build relationships to support the growth of Accenture’s IP portfolio. The candidate will also be a valuable partner to our business by helping to develop and implement firm-wide IP strategic initiatives, policies, best practices, and training.
- Embeds with the business to gain a deep understanding of key assets and develop comprehensive IP protection strategies, including evaluating assets for patent protection.
- Manages patenting efforts for Accenture business groups by identifying strategic focus areas, mining and harvesting innovations, evaluating the patentability of such innovations, and setting global patent filing strategies.
- Develops effective strategies for patenting business process and software inventions and invention mining and harvesting.
- Manages outside counsel in effectively drafting and prosecuting patents, including reviewing and approving their work on patent applications, amendments, appeals and other responses to Office Actions.
- Counsels and forges solid relationships with inventors and business leaders and finds strategic ways to implement our IP strategy.
- Assists where necessary on the management of operations relating to the patent portfolio.
- Develops and implements IP strategic initiatives, policies, best practices, templates, and training designed to mitigate IP risks and maximize business outcomes.
- Counsels internal stakeholders (such as business clients, other corporate functions, and other legal colleagues) on IP issues.
Reports to: Legal Lead for Patents
Supervises: Outside Counsel
European Patent Attorney or fully qualified patent attorney in Ireland, United Kingdom or Germany.
- At least 8 years of hands-on experience practicing patent law and drafting/prosecuting or managing the prosecution of patents globally, particularly in the areas of business method, software and computer-related technologies.
- Significant experience managing invention mining, harvesting, and patenting efforts in-house or as outside patent counsel.
- Significant experience building relationships with inventors and business executives.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Proactive, organized, and self-motivated and works well in a fast-paced global environment.
- Committed to collaborating with colleagues in the IP team as well as other stakeholders to achieve shared goals, build relationships, and be a strong team player.
- Skilled in anticipating obstacles and risks, and developing innovative solutions in collaboration with colleagues.
- Ability to provide solid IP advice in a business practical manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage many complex projects successfully, and set and meet priorities.
- Experience performing competitive analyses using global patent data is a plus.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.