Job Title – Financial Accountant- Statutory Reporting
Career Level – 9 - Specialist
Location – Dublin
Accenture is a finance, technology and consulting company delivering change for our clients and our people across the globe. We’re helping drive a technology revolution—from digital to cloud to security—that’s sweeping across industries and governments in virtually every country. We collaborate with our clients—including 80% of the Fortune 500—to transform their businesses to anticipate the evolving needs of their customers. At the same time, we strive to enable our people to build their careers in an open environment of inclusion and diversity, complemented by our competitive employee benefits approach.
Our Global Finance team works at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational and analytical support across Accenture’s businesses. We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow.
The Financial Accountant will partner with the Country Controller to manage the statutory preparation for internal Accenture entities with an aggregate turnover of more than €3 Billion.
- Involved in the preparation of the annual statutory financial statements for Dutch Holding companies in line with filing deadlines
- Preparation of supporting schedules and working papers for the annual Statutory Audit
- Preparation of reconciliations between the IFRS and US GAAP Ledgers
- Review and analysis of the Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet
- Ensure integrity and completeness of financial records
- Drafting of accounting treatment memorandums
- Liaising with auditors, answering queries and providing data as required
- Perform internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley/SAO
- Involved in the accounting for acquisitions and liquidations
- Provide accounting support to the Team Lead/Manager including responses to ad hoc requests
- Meet key reporting deadlines
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects
- Assist with tax forecasting, year end tax provision and tax computations
- Provide reporting to management on issues, statistics, metrics and projects
- Accounting background with strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high quality work standards
- Analytical and computer skills (MS Office – Excel, Word)
- Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Prior experience of SAP an advantage
- Fluency in English is required
- Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a practice environment
- Strong technical knowledge
Does this appeal to you? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Please advise if you have any particular requirements, so we can look into arranging reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. You can contact us at accessIErecruitment@accenture.com.
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture Ireland, in addition to a competitive base salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes pension, private health insurance, discounted gym membership, emergency caring facilities, and 2 days’ leave per year for charitable work of your choice! Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the position.
Please note you must have completed at least 12 months in your current position before you are eligible to search and apply for other internal opportunities.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and niche skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and build value for their partners. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.