Role: Global Legal Lead - Web3 and Metaverse
Career Level - 6 - Senior Manager
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Accenture Legal encompasses ~2800 lawyers, contract management and other professionals in 46 countries, making us amongst the biggest in-house units of our kind globally. We are looking for a Global Legal Lead who will advise on on the development of new product and service offerings.
If you are looking for a long-lasting career in Legal, this might be the right position for you. We have been named the best place to work in Ireland based on career growth, skills development and job stability for employees.
- Conduct assessments of new service and product offerings relating to Web3 and Metaverse and help the Metaverse Continuum business prepare those offerings for market.
- Identify legal and regulatory risks and develop mitigation and self-regulating governance strategies, in collaboration with colleagues across the business, GSL and the wider Accenture Legal.
- Support the Metaverse Continuum business’ growth strategy including in the evaluation of prospective acquisition targets and development of post-merger integration strategy.
- Help to enable other Legal teams across Accenture, such as through developing contracting guidance, providing subject matter expert support on individual deals, and designing compliance frameworks.
Your Knowledge Skills and Experience
- 8+ years relevant experience in a corporate or law firm setting, with a preference for prior experience advising on the development of new product or service offerings.
- Ability to analyze complex facts and situations to provide risk assessments and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Understanding or willingness to learn applicable regulatory landscapes as required for the offerings.
- Ideally some prior experience with Web3 and metaverse enabling technologies, such as AR/VR, 5G, geolocation, IoT/Edge computing, distributed ledger technology (e.g., blockchain), and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML).
- Other relevant experience includes digital content production and licensing, multiplayer online gaming / virtual worlds, digital advertising, e-commerce and consumer goods & services industry.
- Track record of developing trusted advisor relationships with senior business leaders.
- Experience shaping deals and evaluating innovative commercial models.
What we are looking for
- Commitment to a creative, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
- Abilities to connect with, influence and collaborate across multiple teams and stakeholders, and to engage and build a sense of belonging and common purpose in a team.
- Resilient, flexible approach to problem solving; capable of keeping things in perspective.
- Focus on analysis of the business, guidance to the right business and legal teams, industrialization of processes.
- Open to learning, working with and understand cross-cultures and locations throughout the Accenture global organization.
Your Education and Qualifications
Law degree or equivalent degree or legal qualification and admitted to the bar (or local equivalent); in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law.
Does this appeal to you? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Please advise if you have any particular requirements, so we can look into arranging reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. You can contact us at accessIErecruitment@accenture.com.
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture Ireland, in addition to a competitive base salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes pension, private health insurance, discounted gym membership, emergency caring facilities, and 2 days’ leave per year for charitable work of your choice! Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the position.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and niche skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and build value for their partners. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.