Job Title: Competition Law Compliance Counsel
Career Level: Manager/Level 7
Workforce: Corporate Functions
Skill Track: Legal
The Competition Law Compliance Counsel plays a key role in promoting Accenture’s compliance with competition law requirements, regulations and Accenture policies, with the goal of protecting the assets and reputation of Accenture.
The Competition Law Compliance Counsel supports the Managing Director – Competition Law with the implementation and management of Accenture’s Competition Law Compliance Program and serves as a subject matter expert on competition law risk mitigation. This person will help the Legal team and the business understand competition law-related risks, compliance and program controls.
The Competition Law Compliance Counsel will coordinate with and leverage expertise from all teams within CORE, Global Contracting, Contract Management, other areas of Legal, and outside counsel, as necessary.
The Competition Law Compliance Counsel is expected to demonstrate leadership behaviors, which include adhering to Accenture’s Core Values (Best People, Stewardship, Integrity, Client Value Creation, Respect for the Individual, and One Global Network). He/she is also expected to promote and practice all aspects of Accenture’s leadership DNA (innovate for results, advocate an inspiring vision, collaborate across the ecosystem, execute with agility, and personalize in a truly human way).
The role will focus on providing subject matter expertise and support to global business and corporate functions relating to competition law regulations. It will particularly collaborate and provide legal guidance to various legal and business teams regarding Accenture solutions, including addressing changes in the law that impact Accenture’s business.
The scope of work encompasses broad support to other parts of the Legal function, the Competition Law Compliance Program and business stakeholders on: (1) transactional competition law-related matters in client contracts; and (2) competition law-related reviews of the company’s services and offerings. This role will be responsible for developing and delivering relevant competition law-related trainings and communications, as well as tools, templates, resources and guidance materials.
Specified Duties Include:
- Supports Accenture’s competition law program initiatives, including:
- Developing and delivering of competition law compliance training
- Developing, reviewing and implementing competition law policies and internal controls
- Planning and drafting competition law compliance communications with internal stakeholders
- Working with senior management and outside counsel to conduct risk assessments, recommend improvements to the compliance program, and support the implementation of adopted recommendations
- Working with internal stakeholders to build competition law compliance and monitoring tools to help Accenture executives flag, escalate and mitigate competition law risks.
- Provides objective, focused, practical advice and solutions to Accenture businesses and Legal Professionals regarding compliance with competition law regulations, Accenture’s Code of Business Ethics, Accenture’s competition law policies, and all other related policies.
- Collaborates with Legal colleagues and the business to identify, analyze and mitigate competition law risk.
- Collaborates with Legal Ventures & Acquisitions colleagues and Corporate Development to identify, analyze and mitigate substantive competition law issues.
- Collaborates with compliance colleagues to: (a) provide thought leadership for Accenture’s compliance efforts generally by staying abreast of compliance industry best practices and changes in laws and regulations; and (b) assist in the development of related policies to address business and legal requirements.
- Responds to and helps manage internal audits and internal investigations related to competition law issues.
- Provides additional support, and assumes additional responsibilities, as directed by the Managing Director – Competition Law.
- Operates in a cost-effective manner consistent with relevant Accenture policies.
Reports to: Managing Director – Competition Law
- Legal, including Contracting, Offerings, Eco-systems, Geographic Operations, Digital and Strategic Offerings, Contract Management, and Government Relations, as well as external counsel
- Geographic leadership and key business leadership
- Legal V&A team
- Competition law professionals at client and peer companies
Education: JD or equivalent law degree (based on geography) required
Work Experience: 5+ years of experience as an attorney focused on competition law
Work Requirements: Some travel required at times, but with the ability to work with and manage resources remotely
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of competition laws and regulatory systems around the world
- Knowledge of compliance and ethics framework for global corporations
- Experience developing compliance programs, including preparing policies and internal controls; developing and conducting training; responding to government investigations; and drafting and reviewing contracts
- Must have the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and work effectively remotely and within a global team
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across various levels
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions, and a high level of common sense, including the ability to see around the corner and spot risks before they materialize
- Good business acumen and knowledge of Accenture’s business strategy (or similar business strategy at another company if experienced hire)
- Ability to synthesize complex legal analysis into clear recommendations
- Good executive presence and the ability to work effectively with the senior business leaders at Accenture, partners from law firms
- Builds and maintains a network of good working relationships both internally and externally
- Adapts nimbly to changing needs within the business
- Strong writing and negotiation skills
- Fluent in English
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.