The Ireland Operations Learning Manager will partner with business leadership to address overall strategic and tactical business training and development objectives to ensure appropriate skills, knowledge and behaviour requirements are addressed. Drive overall vision and set the strategy to create innovative leading-edge Capability/Leadership Development organization. Identify, create, facilitate and execute investments, ensuring all resources in the assigned areas are aligned and equipped to implement the strategy.
- Engage with relevant business and HR leaders to understand training and development needs
- Develop a learning roadmap for Accenture Operations based on data and insights
- Lead a team of learning professionals to ensure training delivery and manage their growth and development
- Ensure full compliance with New Joiner Orientation, other mandatory training programs
- Provide regular updates and insights to Leadership on progress vs plan and key metrics, drive the best results achievement
- Collaborate with MU/regional and global colleagues to ensure we are bringing the best of learning opportunities to Accenture Operations
- Promote and communicate learning opportunities available to teams and individuals
- Manage vendor relationships as required
- Oversee planning and tracking of learning budget
- Ensure effective management of External Studies Support to ensure a positive employee experience
- Delivery of training programmes as needed including Train the Trainer as needed
- 5-7 years’ experience in People Development, Training or Human Resources
- Experience developing and executing learning strategies
- Excellent planning and people leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Agile approach to problem solving
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Experience in managing and developing teams
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. 624,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.