What we're looking for
Are you a Solution Architect with a passion for delivering projects across vendor delivery teams, who enjoys collaborating and shaping Solution Architecture and partnering with business and IT clients to craft and deliver solutions at pace?
We are searching for individuals who will play a key role throughout the full delivery lifecycle, leading design discussions, developing solutions, transitioning solutions into delivery, and providing mentorship, guidance, and technical support to project team members.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
We are aligned with The Dock, Accenture’s global centre for innovation in Dublin. The Dock is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help unlock value by design. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment is open and interactive.
Role and Responsibilities
- Shape and agree the solution architecture, conceptual design, ensuring alignment with architecture roadmaps, strategies, principles, design patterns and standards
- Accountable for delivering effective solution designs within the API platform, taking the lead on the delivery from an API design perspective
- Design end-to-end API solutions to meet business needs within the context of a broader solution implementation
- Support the project team to resolve architectural issues by engaging with domain SMEs and relevant teams to identify and agree a solution
- Engage with partners at all levels to ensure that the solution identified is understood and supported by all, is fit for purpose, and provides value for investment made
- Produce the required solution architecture artefacts - architecture design, Architecture Review Board inputs, security review inputs (Inc. ISR), design documentation etc.
- Present at the Architecture Review Board and Architecture Working Group for approval
- Guide the solution design ensuring alignment with the approved solution architecture as well as with all relevant/applicable organisation’s architectural standards, principles, and guidelines
- Support various factory teams (CAF, API and Data) ensuring the design is fully understood and implemented correctly as per the business and technical requirements (designs)
- Provide estimates and overall delivery support for project planning activates, SCRUM / Agile etc. in particular estimating Technical Activities and Resource needs (People/HW & Software)
- Engage with external vendors as required to support the solution (IBM, BT, AT&T, AWS/Azure, RedHat etc.)
- Support risk assessments including DPIA’s
- Help shape the overall testing strategy and execution Inc. automated testing and scripting
- Conduct low level design reviews and provide technical defect resolutions support
- Work with the UI/UX design teams to align with overall solution design
- Facilitate and participate in technical and vendor evaluation and training
- Provide input into and shape NFR’s including volumetric, capacity, performance etc.
- Co-ordinate non-functional testing and environment requirements/setup including security PEN testing
- Act as an SME for some technical areas e.g., JBOSS, Cloud Services, Android Dev, Oracle etc.
- Support environment Build Activities in particular AWS/Cloud
Qualifications and Experience
- 3rd level degree in similar field or equivalent experience
Essential Skills & Experience
- 5 – 8 years’ experience as a Solution Architect including technical delivery roles or initiatives such as application development and roll out of new products, services, or tools
- Experience working in Financial Services or the banking sector is essential
- Experienced with architecture and application design and development and experienced with various development methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Experienced in Infrastructure, Network, Security and Database Design
- Strong client engagement and presentation skills and an innate ability to influence
- Highly skilled in MS Visio or similar modelling tools and standards e.g., UML
- Highly experienced solution architect in crafting solutions for large-scale API integration projects and programmes working in complex, multi-vendor change delivery organisations
- Deep knowledge and experience in REST API design
- Knowledge of SOAP services would be helpful
- Knowledge of the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform or similar API management platforms
- Mulesoft certification would be beneficial
- Experience in creation of Swagger or RAML definitions
- Knowledge of API security standards such as mutual authentication and OAuth and OIDC would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns would also be beneficial
- Knowledge of WebSphere MQ or Kafka would be beneficial
- Knowledge of AWS integration would be beneficial
- Experience of other integration technologies to provide real time, event based and asynchronous integration
- Broad experience in complex enterprise IT estates with an ability to support projects quickly
- Experience in modern engineering practices and technologies
- Continuous improvement and innovative mind-set
- Can work independently
- Ability to take a lead role and take ownership of complex integration deliveries
- Ability to work under pressure and meet fast paced deadlines
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 514,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners, and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please advise if you have any requirements, so we can look into arranging reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. You can contact us at accessIErecruitment@accenture.com
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion, or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic, or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 6 days ago
Technology Delivery Lead
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 11 days ago
Senior Business Architect
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 13 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.