Job Title: Anticorruption Counsel
Career Level: Associate Manager/Level 8
Workforce: Corporate Functions
Skill Track: Legal
The Anticorruption Counsel plays a key role in promoting Accenture’s compliance with anticorruption laws, regulations and Accenture policies, with the goal of protecting Accenture’s assets and reputation.
The Anticorruption Counsel supports the Managing Director – Senior Director of Anticorruption with the implementation and management of Accenture’s Anticorruption program and serves as a subject matter expert on anticorruption laws. The Anticorruption counsel helps the Legal team and the business understand Anticorruption laws and risks.
The Anticorruption Counsel will coordinate with and leverage expertise from all teams within CORE, Global Contracting, Contract Management, and outside counsel, as necessary.
The Anticorruption counsel is expected to demonstrate leadership behaviors, which include adhering to Accenture’s Core Values (Best People, Stewardship, Integrity, Client Value Creation, Respect for the Individual, and One Global Network). He/she is also expected to promote and practice all aspects of Accenture’s leadership DNA (innovate for results, advocate an inspiring vision, collaborate across the ecosystem, execute with agility, and personalize in a truly human way).
The role will focus on providing subject matter expertise and support to global business and corporate functions in respect of Anticorruption. It will particularly collaborate and provide legal guidance to various legal, security, and business teams regarding Accenture solutions, including addressing changes in the law that impact Accenture’s business.
The scope of work encompasses broad support to other parts of the Legal function, Anticorruption program and business stakeholders on transactional anticorruption matters in client contracts, and anticorruption reviews of the company’s services and offerings. This role will be responsible for developing and delivering relevant anticorruption training and awareness materials, as well as tools, templates, resources and guidance materials.
Specified Duties Include:
- Supports the implementation of Accenture’s Anticorruption compliance program initiatives, including:
- Development and delivery of Anticorruption compliance training
- Development, review and implementation of Anticorruption policies and internal controls
- Planning and drafting Anticorruption compliance communications with internal stakeholders
- Working with senior management and outside counsel to conduct risk assessments, recommend improvements to the Anticorruption compliance program, and support the implementation of adopted recommendations
- Working with internal stakeholders to build Anticorruption compliance and monitoring tools to help Accenture executives flag, escalate and mitigate Anticorruption risks
- Provides objective, focused, practical advice and solutions to Accenture businesses and Legal Professionals regarding compliance with Anticorruption policies and all other related policies
- Contributes to thought leadership for Accenture’s anticorruption compliance efforts generally by staying abreast of compliance industry best practices and changes in laws and regulations
- Responds to and helps manage internal audits and internal investigations related to Anticorruption law issues
- Provides additional support, and assumes additional responsibilities, as may be directed by the Managing Director – Senior Director of Anticorruption
- Operates in a cost-effective manner consistent with relevant Accenture policies.
Reports to: Managing Director – Senior Director of Anticorruption
- Anticorruption and other Legal teams (e.g. Ventures & Acquisitions) and external counsel
- Key business leadership
- Anticorruption professionals at client and peer companies
Education: JD or equivalent law degree (based on geography) required
Work Experience: 3+ years of experience as an anticorruption law attorney
Work Requirements: Some travel required at times, but with the ability to work with and manage resources remotely
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of Anticorruption laws and regulatory systems around the world
- Knowledge of compliance and ethics framework for global corporations in connection with Anticorruption law issues and programs
- Experience supporting development of Anticorruption compliance programs, including preparing policies and internal controls; conducting Anticorruption training; responding to government investigations; and drafting and reviewing contracts
- Must have the ability to work remotely within a global multi-cultural environment and work independently and collaboratively, across various levels
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions, and a high level of common sense, including the ability to see around the corner and spot risks before they materialize
- Good business acumen, knowledge of Accenture’s business strategy (or similar business strategy at another company if experienced hire)
- Ability to synthesize complex legal analysis into clear recommendations
- Good executive presence and the ability to work effectively, building and maintaining strong relationships with the senior business leaders at Accenture and partners from law firms
- Adapts nimbly to changing needs within the business
- Strong writing and negotiation skills
- Fluent in English (required); fluent in Spanish (nice to have)
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 569,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.