Job Title: VAT Analyst 9M FTC
Employment Basis: Full-time, 9 month contract
Office Location: Dublin, Ireland
We have an excellent opportunity in our VAT team if you are looking to develop and progress your career in a multinational environment. Accenture’s global finance teams work at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational, and analytical support across Accenture’s global businesses. Our various teams range from corporate development and financial management professionals to accounting and tax experts, and everything in between. Our Irish hub contains 300 finance team members, and we are continually expanding, providing a wide range of career opportunities.
We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow!
You will partner with the Finance and Accounting teams and Country Controller teams to manage the VAT compliance and reporting function for internal Accenture business.
- VAT returns preparation in a centralized multicultural environment
- Develop knowledge of VAT principles that apply to the business and keep up to date with changes
- Develop in-depth knowledge of tools and applications in support of the VAT process
- Perform customer & vendor invoice compliance reviews and follow up on corrections
- VAT accounts reconciliation and investigation of reconciling items
- Participate in training and collaborate with different internal teams to ensure VAT compliance
- Participate in team meetings and specific VAT review calls/meetings
- Strive to add value to current processes through automation and simplification
- Participate in internal projects to minimize and mitigate VAT compliance risks
- Support the VAT Specialist with internal and external audit queries
- Liaise with internal business partners and maintain relationships
- Support other Finance & Accounting teams and other ad hoc duties as required
- Analytical and computer skills
- Knowledge of VAT and accounting principles
- Competent with excel
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high-quality work standards
- Team working skills
- Prior experience of SAP an advantage
- Fluency in English is required
- Experience in a tax and accounting environment working in VAT
- Degree in business, tax, finance or equivalent qualification would be preferable. Relevant experience can supersede degree requirements
Accenture’s extensive range of benefits for this position include paid overtime, annual performance bonus, external study support and a hybrid working model. Employees also have the option to avail of private health insurance, company pension plan with matched contributions & a 15% discount on shares.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions, underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network. Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. 569,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.