About The Dock
The Dock is Accenture’s flagship global innovation centre and research and development hub, based in Grand Canal Dock in Dublin 2. This role sits within the Product Strategy capability of The Dock's New Products & Services team.
About your role
As an Innovation Lead, you will be part of a team that leads and manages projects, programmes and portfolios required to define, develop, and pilot new market-leading business propositions in The Dock. These business propositions can take the form of pilotable assets, offerings, software, and ecosystem plays.
Your everyday abilities
As an Innovation Lead you will;
Lead some of our most complex and highest profile innovative new Platform/Product projects:
- Defines/supports the development of the overall business strategy, partnership approach and commercial proposition
- Drive the platform/product innovation, in view of IP differentiation and identification of the gap in the market the IP is addressing
- Link together new ideas and insights to create new client opportunities, services, offerings, and thought leadership
- Develop deep understanding of how the underlying client needs, market direction and Accenture commercial strategy need to come together to ensure a successful outcome for a project
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, and capable of acting independently and quickly identifying and addressing the areas of uncertainty that are important to resolve for the stage the concept is at
- Lead the technical delivery of innovative products and services with strong technology, design, and analytics facets
- Have strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to lead diverse teams, manage account teams and engage with senior client executives
- Create and maintain the product vision, roadmap, and backlog of work regularly throughout the project's life cycle
- Manage projects’ performance, investment spend, timelines risks, issues and co-ordinates co-development and transfer activities with downstream partners
Build and support strong teams:
- Build and support teams of diverse individuals with the right blend of experience and skills for the projects.
- Effectively develop and utilize extensive network (within The Dock and beyond) to build high-performing teams and to solve for specific issues requiring support from outside the team.
- Strong Agile experience and leading agile teams. Set clear direction for the team and support it for the delivery of complex technical solutions, considering the strengths and talents of team members
- Inspire and lead teams to build complex propositions and solutions which can thrive in the market
- Team coordination, people management, manage teams through complex situations
Be a master communicator:
- Be a master communicator, aligning priorities and direction across multiple global stakeholders and multi-disciplinary team members
- Speak clearly to convey both high-level and detailed information, adjusting the way ideas are presented to align to various social styles and audiences
- Publicise the team’s work and success inside and outside of Accenture e.g., blog posts, pod casts, public-speaking appearances, research publications
- Remain positive and enthusiastic despite obstacles
Extras we’d love to see
- Previous experience working in R&D environment or innovation space an advantage
- Be certified in Agile practices i.e.
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master)
- PSM (Professional Scrum Master)
- Experience of Lean Start-up methodology
- Experience of adopting design thinking approaches
- Experience of working in a large-matrix organisation such as Accenture
- Industry / functional specialty, ideally in Retail / CPG or Financial Services
Experience and qualifications
- 5+ years project delivery experience ideally in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Project experience through all phases of agile development lifecycle (SDLC) - proven ability to shape and drive a project from initiation stage to project close
- Experience working with engineering, design and/or data science teams
- Ability to interface with and/or manage complex technical solutions
- Ability to lead, inspire and engage teams with experience of working with diverse teams, skillsets, and business challenges
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work with schedules, manage resources while remaining focused on team goals
- Proof of commercial/entrepreneurial mindset. Experience of working in a context of innovation, change and thought leadership
- Proven ability to shape and drive a project from initiation stage to project close
- Track record of ability to ramp-up quickly
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills, and an ability to foster relationships at all levels within the organisation
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and strong executive presence with an ability to interact and influence at senior management and executive level.
Working at Accenture means joining a company that prides itself on being Truly Human. In addition to a competitive base salary, you’ll also have an extensive benefits package that includes
- Private health insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Emergency caring facilities
- 2 days’ leave per year for charitable work of your choice.
Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the position.
The Dock is where Accenture, our clients and partners connect to pioneer new ways to fulfil human needs using emerging technology.
As part of NPS, you’ll be joining a group that takes pride in being the best place for Accenture and our clients to ideate and incubate new products and services. You'll be part of a unique team of brilliant designers, engineers, analysts, researchers, and technologists, working collaboratively under one roof to solve real-world challenges. Every day, we work with clients, partners, and colleagues from across the globe to bring business innovation to life in the market. And together, we’re working towards a vision of expanding the possibilities of now, to create the products and services of tomorrow.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.