Job Role: Sustainability Strategy Manager
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Accenture Sustainability Strategy shapes our clients’ future, combining a deep understanding of social and environmental challenges, technology and analytics, and business insight to create new growth opportunities, address risk and build competitive advantage through sustainable business.
In joining Sustainability Strategy you will drive the CEO agenda on key challenges including decarbonisation and the energy transition; responsible value chains and circular economy business models; sustainable reporting and analytics; sustainable growth and portfolio strategy; sustainable brands and customer experience; future operating model and sustainability leadership; sustainable finance and ESG; and sustainable technology. Your work will be underpinned by an understanding of how new technologies impact business models and enable a more sustainable and resilient future.
As part of our wider Accenture Strategy team, you'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you.
In our team you will learn to:
- Develop and lead high performing small – medium sized Sustainability Strategy teams, leading by example, actively mentoring others and contributing to performance management and recruitment activities;
- Use your judgment to solve complex, ambiguous client business and sustainability problems, bringing structure and rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques; acting and taking decisions with little day-to-day oversight;
- Develop knowledge of key sustainability trends and how they impact markets, financial performance and corporate strategy in order to identify key value opportunities for clients;
- Develop and sustain trusted senior client relationships;
- Support Accenture’s business (including cost management, contract management) with discipline, rigor and integrity;
- Support business development activities including opportunity identification/qualification and proposal development/presentation;
- Support practice/community building efforts such as developing offerings, assets, capabilities, and relevant thought leadership;
- Support and lead small teams within our Sustainability Strategy team, in areas such as team building, skill development and mentoring
- Engage with the wider Sustainability community across Accenture globally to enhance capabilities and support the growth and development of the business.
In this role you will:
- Lead and deliver successful sustainability strategy engagements, addressing our clients’ business challenges to create commercial success together with positive impacts for society and the environment on topics including:
- Decarbonisation and the energy transition;
- Responsible value chains and circular economy business models;
- Sustainable reporting and analytics;
- Sustainable growth and portfolio strategy;
- Sustainable brands and customer experience;
- Future operating model and sustainability leadership;
- Sustainable finance and ESG;
- Sustainable technology.
- Leverage your core consulting skills to understand and structure the clients’ challenges; develop hypotheses on solutions; undertake market assessments; develop business cases and design operating models to unlock value and enhance sustainability outcomes;
- Use your deep industry knowledge and sustainability expertise to advise clients on their sustainability goals and transformation;
- Develop and sustain client relationships and identify commercial opportunities for senior colleagues;
- Develop and grow the capabilities of our team, acting as a mentor and coach;
- Develop Accenture Sustainability assets, capabilities, and thought leadership.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Application of recognised strategy and sustainability frameworks and structured problem solving techniques;
- Quantitative analysis and business case development;
- Qualitative analysis, research and stakeholder engagement;
- Relationship building at all levels, including with Senior Executives;
- Leadership of diverse teams in complex and ambiguous strategy engagements;
- Staff development and mentoring;
- First class written and verbal communication skills.
- A top tier University Bachelor’s Degree;
- MBA or postgraduate degree preferable but not mandatory.
Set yourself apart:
- Experience working on sustainability engagements in one or more industries which are leading the sustainability transformation including: energy/renewables; mining and metals; mobility; consumer goods and retail; financial services;
- Experience working on key sustainability topics including decarbonisation and the energy transition; responsible value chains and circular economy business models; sustainable reporting and analytics; sustainable growth and portfolio strategy; sustainable brands and customer experience; future operating model; sustainable finance and ESG; sustainable technology;
- Experience at a top tier strategy or boutique sustainability consulting firm;
- Experience of using digital technologies to solving clients’ complex business and sustainability problems;
- Confidence to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner and to constructively challenge team members and leadership to ensure the right client outcomes and value are delivered.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.