Location: Dublin, Ireland
Do you want to join a next generation Dublin internal IT team that is pushing the boundaries of innovation and learn how it operates? If so, this is a great opportunity to be part of a new and growing team, to build skills in the operations space and to work with great people in a state-of-the-art innovative environment.
We are passionate about learning, innovation and technology. We are positive, experimental and adaptable. We use lean processes and strive to continuously improve everything that we do. We strive for a work environment that is happy, collaborative and productive.
CIO is a global team that provides best in class technology and employee experiences to support Accenture’s high-performance workforce. Our team’s mission is to produce high quality software and to lead the way in how software engineering should be done. We bring cutting edge technologies and approaches together to deliver at scale across a global enterprise.
We are based at The Dock, Accenture’s global centre for innovation in Dublin. The Dock is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help unlock value by design. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment is open and interactive.
As Business Analyst you will gather business requirements from stakeholders, use design thinking methods to understand our users, follow an agile methodology to create and evolve our products. You will also ensure high quality by performing testing activities to confirm that software developed meets the acceptance criteria for each user stories.
- Research and Analysis to determine business requirements
- Agree and document business requirements in high quality user stories
- Support the product owner in managing, maintaining and prioritising the backlog
- Close gaps and obtain clarification on business requirements
- Work collaboratively with product owners, scrum masters, developers and technical architects
- Conduct high quality by performing testing activities to confirm that software developed meets acceptance criteria for the user stories
- Ensure that the team delivers high quality software on time and that it meets client and user business needs
- Support key stakeholders in identification and resolution of issues
- Represent at project status meetings and help drive project deliverables
- Relevant 3rd level honours degree
- Evidence of strong academic achievement
- Self-starter with a passion for quickly learning and implementing new concepts
- Leadership and collaborative interpersonal skills to engage and motivate team members
- Strong relationship building and communications skills with ability to present ideas and concepts coherently to senior stakeholders
- Ability to own and manage items with responsibility for ensuring it is up to date
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with good organisational skills (organising meetings/calls and coordinating activities)
- Proactive approach to handling issues, risks, dependencies and escalations
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, work with schedules, manage resources while remaining focused on team goals
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal abilities
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Proven ability to be proactive, suggest new ideas and to drive tasks to completion
- 1 to 2 years professional experience
Nice to Have
- Previous experience as business analyst or tester
- Experience of writing high quality user stories
- Background in custom software development
- Knowledge of Agile development techniques such as Scrum, Kanban or Lean
- Experience in requirements gathering and documentation on technical projects
- Passion for continuous improvement
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.