ROTHCO is looking for an experienced Backend Developer to join their Creative Products team. The role will be responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
A little about CREATIVE PRODUCTS...
Creative Products includes experience and product designers, researchers, developers, and creative technologists. The team functions as strategists, creatives, and makers. They are collaborative, inventive, innovative, and entrepreneurial. The team is singular in their ambition to expand and diversify ROTHCO’s ability to ideate, communicate, and produce non-traditional content.
If you love to make, experiment, and share ideas around “What if…?”, we really want to meet you.
You must be curious, with an ability to simplify the complex and a propensity to do. An impressive track record always helps, with at least 2 years’ experience.
- Solve problems and architectural challenges
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable [NodeJS/PHP] code
- API development
- CMS integration
Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of how the internet works
- Practical experience with object oriented programming and system design
- Strong knowledge of the common web server exploits and their solutions
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Strong knowledge of [NodeJS/PHP] web frameworks such as [Express/Laravel]
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience working within a Cloud Computing Platform, preferably AWS
- Basic experience or knowledge of serverless architectures and applications
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance within AWS
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Basic understanding of UML or other modeling languages
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.