Accenture is seeking a collaborative and results-oriented Sourcing Associate Manager with expertise in a wide range IT/Telecom service categories to work with Fortune 500 clients to develop and execute services, sourcing strategies, develop sourcing and procurement solutions that are designed to drive spend and savings, and incorporate vendor management metrics that’ll support our client’s goals while achieving optimal pricing, quality and service levels. In this role you lead sourcing projects, including all key steps such as strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution.
- Lead the development of market insights from cross-client sourcing activity and collaborate with the Procurement Category function to share IT/Telecom services best practices
- Design and develop relevant RFP documents for projects and/or make recommendations for incumbent negotiations
- Drive and manage analytical efforts in areas specific to business function and industry focus
- Negotiate agreement with supplier and incorporate best practice metrics for agreements to aid the Category Management process in SRM activities; (May be responsible for contracting negotiated agreement)
- Pursue and develop senior level stakeholder relationships at priority accounts; support account stakeholder relationship plans
- Participate in the development and execution of sourcing strategies
- Drive regional category strategy, in support of a global approach, contributing to overall growth and delivery commitments
- Grow team management skills, coaching team members in the art of Negotiation and Contracting
- Expand business development skills to identify and propose account growth opportunities for additional sourcing & category management services
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a strategic sourcing, procurement, and/or supply chain function
- Minimum of 5 years in the field of IT/Telecom – related procurement or delivery from the supplier side
- IT Software- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Independent Software Vendor (ISV) sourcing, contract negotiations, licensing support and demand management.
- IT Services - Minimum of 2 years of experience in sourcing and contracting experience for a broad range of IT consulting and audit agreements.
- IT Hardware – Minimum of 2 years of experience in sourcing, negotiating, and managing the procurement of IT Hardware
- Telecom Services – Minimum 2 years’ experience including Telecom Hardware, Wireline Voice & Data, Wireless
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience carrier (transport) management, including negotiations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or related discipline
- Deep knowledge of sourcing and/or category management process within Fortune 500 organizations Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a wide range of IT/Telecom, such as Laptop/Desktop Hardware, Intel-level Servers, Mid-range Hardware, Storage, Telecom Hardware, Shrink Wrap Software, Application Software, Long Distance Voice-Data, and Wireless Services
- Experience sourcing Microsoft technologies
- Well-developed, solution-oriented selling skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead formal strategic sourcing
- Ability to act independently and can interface with customers and suppliers via strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a wide range of suppliers
- Ability to drive transformational change
- Solid multi-phase project management skills
- Strong ability to effectively manage in a matrix organizational structure working with multiple internal clients
- Ability to adapt to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
- Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.