Product Design Lead
About The Dock
As a Product Design Lead, you will sit within the Design capability of The Dock's New Products & Services (NPS) team. The Dock is Accenture’s flagship global innovation centre and research and development hub, based in Grand Canal Dock in Dublin 2 (when we aren’t working remotely). This is where Accenture, our clients, and our partners connect to pioneer new ways to fulfil human needs using emerging technology.
We are a tight-knit community of 250+ passionate individuals with all the benefits of working in a global company with boundless opportunities to learn and grow. In the Product Design Lead role, you'll be part of a unique team of brilliant designers, engineers, analysts, researchers and technologists, working collaboratively under one roof to solve real-world challenges. Designers at The Dock are also a part of the global Fjord network, which means we are connected to an international system of design studios in 38 cities across 27 countries.
Over the last 18 months, some exciting and uncharted territories we’ve worked in include:
- Improving banking customers’ financial well-being and exploring experimental banking through behavioural insights (Dock Pod: The Financial Art of Experimental Banking);
- Researching the future home and how smart home technology can make our lives easier, safer, and better (Medium: Putting the human first in the future home);
- A partnership with The Australian Institute of Marine Science and The Ocean Agency to use AI, computer vision, and machine learning to transform how they monitor coral reefs (Medium: Project Coral-ation: Can AI help save the coral reefs?);
- And lots of other exciting projects that aren’t publicly available yet!
About your role
As the Product Design Lead, you will plan and execute design activities on projects. This starts by working with sponsors and senior stakeholders to set the vision. You'll work with other subject matter experts to develop a holistic understanding of people, technology, data and their interdependencies. You will be deeply integrated into the product development lifecycle, with a focus on creating products people use that solve real problems.
You are a strong visual communicator who creates artefacts to share insights with stakeholders to support ideation and concept generation. The role requires the ability to collaborate closely with software engineers, data scientists and subject matter experts to create digital products that utilise emerging technology in a responsible manner. You should have experience with the creation and delivery of digital product and services, working in agile teams and transferring proof of concepts for industrialization.
Your everyday abilities
We’ll need your:
Strategic skills in managing cross-functional design teams to deliver powerful, effective and coherent design solutions
Active participation in new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch efforts and client meetings
Ownership for all design deliverables, including the ability to evaluate design outputs to ensure quality and the ability to work across the entire end-to-end experience
Assessment skills to measure performance and provide career guidance for those in your project and line management team
Ability to support design leadership to shape the strategy for the design discipline within the organisation
Some outputs of your work will include:
Planning and execution for the design track on innovation projects
Service blueprints and user journeys
Wireframes, navigation flows, information architectures, and prototypes that inform technical teams on product development
Visual and verbal storytelling to share and communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale
Extras we’d love to see
· Curiosity, interest, and experience in experimenting with emerging technologies
· Ability to solve problems through design research and system modelling
· Ability to read and understand technical documents
Experience and qualifications
· 8+ years of in-depth experience in Digital Product Design, UI/UX Design, or Service Design
· A portfolio demonstrating product design skills
· Qualifications or equivalent experience in Product Design, Interaction Design, or related field
· Human-Computer Interaction / Human Factors Engineering
· Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
· Basic web or native interface development a plus
Working at Accenture means joining a company that prides itself on being Truly Human. In addition to a competitive base salary and a group of diverse and smart colleagues to work alongside, you’ll also have an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Private health insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Emergency caring facilities
- 2 days leave per year for charitable work of your choice
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Dedicated group and individual training budgets for learning, conferences, and visits by guest speakers
- Employee communities and resource groups with a focus on supporting Inclusion & Diversity, Family Carers, Volunteering & Sustainability – and many more
Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the position.
Does this role appeal to you? If so, we wish to hear from you.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.