Project Accountant - Acquisitions (V&A) 12 month FTC
Reporting to V&A Controllership Manager
Career Level – 9 - Specialist
Location – Dublin, Ireland
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a fully qualified accountant to join our Ventures & Acquisitions team in Accenture. If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. You will be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
Contributing to the successful finance integration arising from Ventures and Acquisitions activity:
- Responsible for providing Finance support globally across Countries impacted by V&A activity.
- Help manage the transition to SAP through ensuring requirements of the business operating model are met and assisting with the affiliate accounting process through the post-close, pre-SAP cutover time period
- Work closely with tax and controllership teams across Accenture to ensure efficient integration of back office operations of acquired entities into Accenture standard practices
- Reconciliation of statutory financial statements to US GAAP opening balance sheet and affiliate accounting for acquired entities
- Design and implement solutions to integrate accounting for non-SAP entities
- Provide finance / controllership support to local legal teams on liquidation of acquired entities
- Preparation of financial statements of acquired entities for independent audit
- Create standardised process through working on existing and upcoming acquisitions.
- Maintain documentation and learnings from prior acquisitions to further finance excellence
- Ensure data retention compliance
- Ability to work collaboratively across Finance organisation to achieve results
- In-depth knowledge of General Ledger principles, policies and procedures
- Strong technical accounting knowledge around acquisition accounting
- Strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Strong ownership mentality with initiative and high quality work standard
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively - reliable with "can do" attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) and experience with financial management systems and office automation applications
- Project management
- SAP financials
- Fluency in English
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional accountancy qualification, preferably ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- 5+ years of progressive financial accounting experience
- Acquisition accounting and finance integration experience
- Statutory accounts preparation experience
- Experience working with SAP Financials an advantage
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and experience of IFRS an advantage
- Liquidation experience an advantage
- Corporation Tax experience an advantage
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.