Role: Network Infrastructure Engineer
Career Level: 9- Specialist
Collaborating with the Infrastructure Projects Associate Manager, the Infrastructure Projects Specialist would be part of the Local Infrastructure Operations providing infrastructure engineering services for our Accenture offices across UK & Ireland. This is to include building fitouts, hardware replacement programmes, ventures & acquisitions and new technology installations. The role also requires the candidate to have solid skills in the area of communication as they pertain to customer relationship management.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ability to interpret bill of materials and translate into new designs and topologies
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders on approach and timeline for deployment
- Communicate expected costs to finance and operation teams for inclusion in forecasts
- Coordinate and interact with global network and AV teams; 3rd party vendors for hardware orders and installations as required
- In coordination with the operations team understand the impact of upgrades and initiatives on the existing operational environment
Real Estate Changes and New Builds
- Review both physical and logical network topologies and conduct on site surveys as required
- Advise on comms room standards, security, power and layout requirements
- Coordinate with local technology project management team; rd party vendor support for project design and implementation
- Advise on physical infrastructure design and layout at design and implementation stage of project
- Ensure timely processing of new build documentation (New Building Technology Requests, Network Security Requests, Network Design and Architecture requests). Ensure timely documentation of network packs post deployment
- Process smooth handover of project to operations team
- Advise as an SME on agreed Accenture Infrastructure standards and ensure that all work carried out conforms to Accenture policies and standards
Customer relationship management and collaboration
- Dealing with the day-to-day requirements, help prioritize workloads.
- Setting up regular meetings with the team to receive/provide updates.
- Reporting into a management structure. Assisting with budgets and forecasting.
- Being the first point of contact for any IT queries relating to infrastructure & Workstation.
- Helping to streamline existing IT processes
- Build effective relationships with customers, actively seeking out and responding to feedback in order to deliver a high level of customer service
Build and maintain a strong rapport and ongoing relationships with key individuals, for example:
- Accenture Workplace Solutions, Facilities Management Provider, Global Infrastructure Services for Accenture (ISA), the CIO organisation, Connectivity & Compute Services (CCS).
- Relevant third parties and suppliers
- Local leadership and business contacts
- Work with customer representatives to capture requirements
- Actively manage an issues resolution process to supervise issues and proactively problem solve to eliminate reoccurrence
- Understand the importance of Information Security Guidelines to increase awareness of Accenture’s Information Security Policy to enable the implementation of best practices in the workplace
Be cost-aware, ensuring focus is maintained in providing the right solutions for our customers. Proactively suggest ways to ensure services remain cost-efficient. Be aware of our cost recovery mode and ensure its correct use when delivering services. Take ownership for managing the cost to serve for the site, with appropriate upload to the cost to serve for the Infrastructure team across Ireland.
Overtime and travel will be expected due to the nature of the role.
Professional qualifications/accreditations and experience
Degree in Information technology or the equivalent experience. Certification in Cisco CCNA and/or Juniper JNCIS -ENT is preferred
Good knowledge and experience are required of:
- LAN/WAN protocols, technology, networking principles (for example VLANs, DHCP, DNS, routing, TCP/IP, UDP protocols), Cisco, Juniper and Aruba Architecture and equipment
- Cabling specifications, Copper categories and fibre mediums. Hands-on experience of installing/configuring/ replacing network hardware
- ITIL certification would be advantages
- Client facing experience and Vendor Management
Does this appeal to you? If so, we wish to hear from you!
Please advise if you have any particular requirements, so we can look into arranging reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. You can contact us at accessIErecruitment@accenture.com
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture Ireland, in addition to a competitive base salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes pension, private health insurance, discounted gym membership, emergency caring facilities, and 2 days’ leave per year for charitable work of your choice! Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the position.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at accenture.com.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Please note you must have completed at least 12 months in your current position before you are eligible to search and apply for other internal opportunities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.