Job Title – Senior Marketing Manager- Industry X
Career Level – 6-Senior Manager
Location – Dublin
Job Specification - Industry X Senior Marketing Manager – Innovation & Markets, Accenture Strategy & Consulting
Software is changing industry, continuously. It flows into everything – from customer experiences, to business processes, all the way into physical machinery. It is creating new kinds of disruption and new opportunities, which requires our clients to redefine how their companies and people work, how they make things and which things they make.
Leading companies are seizing this opportunity, and integrating digital into the core of their business, so they can; design things, better. Engineer things, safer. Manufacture things, faster. Produce things, sustainably. Service things, remotely. Make things, better.
This is not just about efficiency, safety, productivity, or sustainability. It’s about moving from thinking about hardware and physical environments first to thinking about software and outcomes first, forming new partnerships and alliances and redefining the way industry works.
This is what we call Industry X – for us its about the future of making things and the things we make. It’s a major growth leaver for Accenture.
To join this exciting area of our business we are looking for an experienced senior marketing manager to oversee and direct marketing activities across our priority geographical market units and to strengthen Industry X’s partnerships and voice in the marketplace.
Industry X organizes the offerings we go to market with across two business groups.
1. Intelligent Products and Platforms – where we help clients design, develop, engineer, and maintain conected, software-enabled hardware products and digital services as well as the software platforms they run on.
2. Digital Manufacturing and Operations – which connects, digitizes, and automates manufacturing and operations as well as supply chains, end-to-end. Here our consultants enable our clients to work more productively, safely, and sustainably than they ever could on their own.
Our ideal candidate will work with marketing and business leadership to drive cross-market, cross-business area activity, including leadership for a premier external event and our innovation network. They will have:
• Broad campaign and content marketing expertise and deep experience with shaping executive level narratives and directing cross-company integration around key offerings in a highly matrixed environment.
• They must have the ability to design and direct a global, integrated marketing strategy that positions Accenture as a leader in target Geographies and Industries. Superior writing and storytelling skills and the ability to simplify the complex and create compelling and meaningful messages (avoiding ‘consulting speak”).
• The ability to work across multiple initiatives, project teams and stakeholders to achieve a cohesive and coordinated outcome is also critical.
• We’re looking for a flexible team player with excellent problem-solving skills, ingenuity and a high level of comfort with handling multiple projects at any one time.
• Experience with external event planning, event content development, speaker selection and audience engagement is highly valued.
• Individual must be adept at connecting with a global audience through our innovation centers and able to drive engagement of target external senior leaders.
This role will focus on driving the overall marketing plan for cross-market activities for Industry X – a major growth area for Accenture and which is rapidly expanding globally. Specific duties include:
• CREATE A PREMIER EVENT: Work with our business leaders and experts across Industry X and Supply Chain & Operations to build a premier annual external global/local event to amplify our most innovative research in the market and attract target audiences including client leaders, recruits, media and analysts. Leverage the latest technologies to attract and engage audiences both virtually and in person.
• BUILD A NETWORK OF EXTERNAL LEADERS: Position Industry X and our offerings as leaders in the market in the minds of our target audiences (e.g. COO/CSCO/R&D Leads, Heads of Manufacturing etc.). Build a Leaders Network to engage target executives around their top challenges, their vision for the future and ours.
• IGNITE THE INNOVATION NETWORK CHANNEL: Arm our innovation teams with the Industry X insights and content they need to support Client Account Leads to leverage the centers to host current and prospective clients to showcase the latest technologies, tools and platforms, ideate with experts and co-create solutions. Develop content that showcases our centers internally and externally.
• DRIVE CROSS-INDUSTRY X SALES ENABLEMENT: Anticipate and shape differentiated messaging to promote our global research and content development around offerings and C-suite challenges, working with our Industry X business area and content marketing leads to drive out our messaging into local markets and industries, creating opportunities for client conversation and interaction.
• NURTURE IMPORTANT INFLUENCERS: Analysts, media, social, academic and others.
• SEEK OUT ‘HERO’ CLIENT STORIES: To drive credibility and support sales and digital ad campaigns.
Bachelor's Degree or other four-year university degree or equivalent, preferably in Marketing & Communications.
The candidate should be a creative, flexible team player and thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, strong program management skills and the ability to:
• Design and direct a cohesive, effective global narrative, creating powerful and compelling messaging for internal and external audiences that anchors our mission and brand.
• Create and tell stories while strategizing and rolling up their sleeves.
• Operate collaboratively.
• Plan and execute a highly visible external event from content to delivery.
• Manage and influence ‘up’ and ‘down’ the leadership chain.
• Simplify the complex, avoiding ‘consulting speak.’
• Work across multiple initiatives, project teams and stakeholders to achieve a cohesive and coordinated outcome.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Articulate, confident self-starter able to interact with executives at all levels.
• Ability to plan and deliver collaboratively, whilst providing guidance and direction, working as a key player on senior leadership teams.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, including PPT.
• Global perspective; strong business and industry acumen.
• Exceptional professionalism, integrity and self-confidence.
• Ability to manage and build relationships, negotiate and influence colleagues within Accenture's large, matrixed organization.
• Ability to appreciate guidance and coaching, ask sensible clarification questions and present solutions and develop and apply creative solutions to complex issues.
• Willingness to work independently yet collaborate and integrate appropriately with other marketing & communications teams at Accenture and other areas across the company.
• Exceptional project management, organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
• Ability to develop, manage and adhere to budgets, learn quickly, take the initiative and maintain focus.
Preferred Work Experience: Fifteen-plus years’ corporate marketing experience. Must have worked on global client-facing, campaign driven, content-based marketing programs. Able to demonstrate strong project management capability. Must have a level of confidence and experience interacting with leadership and external audiences. Able to demonstrate senior stakeholder management capability. Experience working with content/thought leadership. Digitally savvy for social and web page content.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
NA CEO Agenda Content Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications
Marketing & Communications
Associate Manager, Client and Sales Analytics
Marketing & Communications
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.