Job Title: Legal Counsel – Cloud Services
Level: 7 – Manager
The Accenture Global Services Legal Team is seeking an attorney to support our global Cloud Services practice.
Accenture’s Cloud Services practice supports clients with their journey to cloud and their digital transformation thereafter. Accenture Cloud legal counsel focuses on supporting Accenture Cloud’s go-to-market/sales organization as well as other Technology related offerings and assets.
The Global Services–Cloud legal role includes the following key areas of responsibility:
- Collaborate with Cloud business teams, and other Accenture Technology Innovation teams, to evaluate and prepare new offerings for market, with varying deal structures (including consulting services, cloud services including software as a service, and licensed software) in different geographies and different industries and regulatory environments.
- Learn and understand the technology sufficiently to educate and advise the business with respect to legal and risk management issues relating to the offerings.
- Draft, review and negotiate complex alliance and vendor technology transactions.
- Develop clear communications, guidance, templates and trainings regarding the offerings for the development teams, sales teams and contracting legal teams that lead client facing contracting.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships within the business and Legal organizations.
- Thrives in a constantly evolving environment by showing high adaptability.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Skilled at explaining legal issues and the real-world impact to non-legal audience.
- Pragmatic and practical approach to legal advice and legal support.
- Strong influence and negotiation skills with internal stakeholders, external clients and suppliers.
- Flexibility to work with global business and legal teams.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. Accenture welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
- Either JD or equivalent degree or legal qualification.
- Admitted to the bar (or local equivalent) and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law.
- 6+ years’ post-qualifying transactional experience drafting and negotiating client/vendor cloud computing arrangements, software-as-a-service, IP and data licensing and/or development agreements.
- Experience advising as Product Counsel working with a company to develop services (including ‘as-a-Service’ cloud hosted services), products and/or offerings.
- Strong understanding of Intellectual Property commercial and transactional issues.
- Keen interest, industry awareness or experience working with new technologies, such as artificial intelligence, quantum computing, edge computing, IOT, extended reality, robotics, or blockchain.
- Strong skills in structuring and negotiating cloud computing and software as a service deals. Both supplier and customer sides preferred.
- Understanding of or willingness to learn applicable regulatory landscapes and its effect on cloud services, product development and deployment.
- Awareness of data protection and privacy laws and their interplay with cloud services, product development and deployment.
- Experience advising engineering and commercial teams on how to bring new offerings to market in a legally compliant and strategic manner.
- Knowledge of software product development issues, including third party components, integrations and open source issues.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Legal & Commercial Services
Ecosystems Counsel Senior Manager - Strategic Partnering
Legal & Commercial Services
Contract Specialist - West
Legal & Commercial Services
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.