Job Title: Payroll Compliance Manager
Career Level: 7 – Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Working as part of the UKI Payroll Team, the role holder will be integral in ensuring compliance in Payroll and Employment Tax Operations. In addition to this, the role will involve overseeing and managing a range of payroll related projects, ensuring the smooth transfer of acquired businesses onto the Accenture payroll and managing a varied team.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn: (Focus on the team value and key learns that an employee will get from a collaborative approach within this section)
• To work with a wide range of stakeholders on a number of issues across a fast-paced matrix environment
- To ensure statutory, regulatory and policy compliance across payroll and employment tax operations across the UK and Ireland
- To handle a range of payroll and tax related projects
As a Manager, you will:
- Work closely with a wide range of stakeholders, such as Finance, Employment Taxes, HR, Internal Audit and Payroll Operations, to assist in the implementation of a varied range of projects
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance across payroll and employment tax operations
- Manage and mentor a varied team consisting of a mixture of payroll, employment tax and acquisition professionals
- Ensure the smooth transition of corporate acquisitions onto the Accenture payroll
Qualification and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of UK and Ireland employment taxes including, but not limited to, PSA, termination payments and employee expenses
- UKI payroll at a mid/senior level
- Corporate acquisitions / TUPE transfers
- A strong customer focus and polished customer management skills (with experience of working with customers and stakeholders in high pressure environments)
- Excellent communication skills including clear, professional written and verbal English
- Working with a high level of tact, diplomacy and sensitivity
- Sarbanes Oxley internal controls
- Highly motivated with a passion for process improvement
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Working as part of a busy team in a fast-paced, matrix environment
- The ability to motivate a team to get results
- The ability to work autonomously on own initiative either independently or as part of a team
- A quick thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude and an aptitude for creativity or the ability to adapt as required
- Payroll control operation and implementation
- Strong organisation skills
- Good working knowledge of IT
- Strong team player
- CTA or CIPP qualification desirable
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications:
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Corporate Development and Transaction Services Financial Due Diligence Manager
Posted 2 days ago
USA VA - Chantilly
Federal - Project Accounting Analyst
Posted 3 days ago
Corporate Development Transaction Services Manager
Posted 3 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.