Job Title: The Dock – AI & Data Scientist
The Dock Dublin 2
The Dock is a diverse team of creative problem-solvers within Accenture – where design, business and technology meet under one roof. We’re a meeting place where Accenture, clients and partners connect to pioneer new ways to fulfil human needs using emerging technology.
We believe future commercial success will come from businesses that are conscious of the intended and unintended consequences of their work. That’s why we’re passionate that true innovation must deliver value for Accenture, our clients and society.
We have opportunities at Analytics Innovation Specialist (Level 9) in our Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AI) Team. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break future ground.
What you’ll be doing
The Analytics & AI team within the Dock applies leading Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies and techniques to address significant real-world business and societal challenges. Collaborating with our clients, designers, software engineers and business subject matter experts, we take concepts and applications on the journey from idea to reality. As an Analytics Innovation Specialist, you will;
· Work in teams to deliver innovative Analytics & AI projects; ranging from research, proofs-of-concept to the delivery of real-world applications for our clients.
· Be an experienced hands-on practitioner, developing and experimenting in the application of elements of Data Science, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, NLP or Computer Vision.
· Work closely with software engineering colleagues to develop robust Analytics & AI applications encapsulated in software applications.
· Follow best practice in Analytics & AI technical delivery, methods and approaches.
· Actively contribute to bring Analytics & AI perspective in experimentation, design, workshops & sprints to help identify breakthrough ideas, concepts and solutions to business problems.
· Embrace working in multi-disciplinary teams and collaborate with designers, software developers, business experts, Accenture teams and clients external to the Dock.
· Mentor junior team members in projects and in their technical development.
· Understand the key technology trends in the Analytics & AI domain and their business impact.
· Bring your passion for improving the world through technology innovation to our team and demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
Analytics & AI Expertise
· Applying your technical expertise to help solve problems and develop new solution offerings for our business and our clients.
· Bringing deep experience in developing data-driven solutions in one or more of the Data Science, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, NLP and Computer Vision fields.
Ownership and Delivery of Project Work
· Being responsible for shaping, owning and delivering complex Advanced Analytics application components and experiments independently, and contributing to the business value they deliver.
· Being responsible for estimating, planning and managing your own work and that of more junior members of your team.
Collaboration and Working in Teams
· Interacting, collaborating and sharing experiences with colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds.
· Mentoring, guiding and supporting junior team members.
Communication (& Stakeholder Interaction)
· Clearly articulating and communicating Analytics & AI concepts, solutions and value to non-technical colleagues and stakeholders.
Contributing to the Growth & Capability of the Analytics & AI Practice
· Contributing to the growth and development of the Analytics & AI capability and community in the Dock, outside immediate projects.
· Masters’ Degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence or a closely related discipline.
· Deep hands-on experience in a number of Data Science, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning / Deep Learning or other Artificial Intelligence domains and proven experience in the application of these technologies to real-world problems. Text Analytics or Natural Language Processing (NLP) experience a distinct advantage.
· Proven proficiency in machine-learning related tools, languages & frameworks.
· Circa 3 years’ professional experience in Advanced Analytics, Software Development or Data-Driven analysis.
· Proven experience in designing and implementing Advanced Analytics systems for R&D or commercial applications. Industry, product or commercial application experience is preferred.
· Proven experience in project or product development methodology experience, for example agile development and CRISP-DM.
· Proven experience in designing and developing commercial AI based systems and applications architected and engineered for scale.
· Experience in standards, methods and best practice for Advanced Analytics development, solution quality, accuracy and resilience.
· Hands-on experience and expertise in a number of statistical and application programming languages (for example Python, R, Java, Spark).
· Ability to work in a global collaborative team environment.
· Experience in mentoring, leading or coaching more junior team members.
· Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English.
About Accenture & The Dock
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 450,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.