Job title: People Comms Lead-G&S
Career level: 6 – Senior Manager
Leads People Communications for Accenture's Growth & Strategy organization.
This role works with Accenture’s Growth & Strategy (G&S) leadership team, including the chief strategy officer, to develop and execute dynamic strategies for executive and corporate function communications that support achievement of G&S corporate function business objectives and Accenture’s Strategy 2025.
Provides communications counsel to senior leaders. Acts as influential champion and advocate for Accenture’s common communications messaging, guidelines, branding and architecture. Ensures that messages are communicated accurately, timely and reinforce both the corporate function’s business objectives and Accenture’s brand positioning.
Directs and executes strategy, development and execution of integrated communications programs directed to corporate function employees and other Accenture audiences. Oversees content and message development, production, promotion and measurement. Communication programs include appropriate mix of multiple digital internal and social media channels; may include limited print material development.
Role sits within the cross-corporate function People Communications team that oversees corporate function people communications activities for Finance, Geographic Services, Sales & Pricing Performance, Risk Management & Quality, Business Operations and Growth & Strategy. Requires close collaboration and coordination with the G&S Marketing team.
- Develops and manages global strategic people communications programs that directly impact employees, leaders and all Accenture people.
- Ensures that communications meet the needs of diverse audiences with varying degrees of knowledge and interest.
- Ensures mission-critical messages communicate accurate, timely, strategically-relevant information appropriately to target audiences.
- Interprets strategic direction (Strategy 2025) to help achieve organization goals.
- Acts as trusted communications advisor for corporate function leader in all things People Communications, including providing executive communications support—message development, speech writing, coordinating core messaging across leadership team, etc.
- Makes decisions that may impact areas outside own area of specialization.
- Seeks to expand use of internal, supported digital tools to optimize efficiencies from creation through publishing.
- Provides solutions to complex business challenges.
- Responsible for development and execution of related communications plans as required.
- Provide communication guidance and support for meetings, including defining key messages, organizing meeting agendas, materials and speaker preparation as needed.
- Provide support for corporate function communications to the business. Coordinating closely with various function leads and their teams to ensure an integrated, global people communications effort in support of business objectives.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Work Experience: Minimum of 15 years of experience in integrated communications. Significant expertise in digital communications in a large global enterprise strongly preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience leading employee communications strategy and initiatives, including change management / culture transformation communications.
Strategy and Counsel
- Critical thinking/business judgment: identify the business issue/implications; ask the right questions; use logic, reason and evidence; understand intent and offer a way forward
- Develop integrated communications strategy in the context of the business need: goals, segmentation, messaging, creative/channel direction, and early measurement thinking
- Use audience-centric view; always offer innovative thinking—push to try new things
- Authentic leadership presence: comfort working with and influencing with senior leaders
- Strong strategic, analytical thinking skills, with demonstrated excellence in creating and articulating employee communications that drive increased engagement
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Exceptional writing, editing, presentation, and oral communications skills. An eye for detail.
- Deep experience in integrated internal communications strategy development and execution. Includes in-depth knowledge of global digital platforms (web, mobile, social), face-to-face channels, content strategy, publishing and management
- Exceptional project management skills, with a proven ability to move forward communications initiatives in a global, matrixed environment.
- A creative, state-of-the-art communications professional who understands emerging technologies and media and has a passion for exploring new methods
- Develop creative (core idea/content emphasis, creative brief, imagery), fully aligned with latest brand strategy and campaigns
- Define and manage review process for communications development
- Manage and execute communications (postings, distribution, events, etc.)
- Monitor and analyze measurement/feedback (including using measurement tools/metrics specific to individual digital applications); adjust strategy, plan, content and comms
- Develop and execute digital communications: digital pages, imagery and graphics, video, briefings/presentations, social media content/interaction
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.