Research Lead- Human Insights Lab
Join Accenture The Dock, our multidisciplinary research and incubation hub located in the heart of Dublin 2’s tech quarter. The Human Insights Lab (HIL) supports Accenture and its clients to deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity by provoking our social imagination, driven by deep expertise in the social sciences, arts and humanities. We are an agile and people-centred team with a commitment to research excellence, critical thinking, creativity and empowerment.
We are now seeking a dynamic Research Lead to join our Human Insights Lab.
About The Role
As Research Lead you will be responsible for the development and implementation of a research and engagement broadly linked to two themes – trustworthy technology and sustainable/inclusive innovation. In line with Accenture’s commitment to delivering shared success for all broader stakeholders in innovation, your work will seek to deliver value for our clients and Accenture, people and society.
Reporting to the Director of HIL, you will manage a small research team.
As Research Lead, you will:
• Be responsible for developing and delivering a fast-paced research programme on your thematic focus area grounded in academic rigour
• Work with clients and Accenture colleagues on thought leadership, asset development and client innovation projects, both as a research project lead and as a subject matter expert
• Advance HIL’s Research & Engagement capability as a discipline and a practice through a highly collaborative and inclusive style
• Act as a people lead for your research team and be responsible for developing dissemination materials and delivery of its outputs
• Participate in engagement activity for Dockers, Accenture people, clients and society
• Demonstrated fluency in undertaking and translating academically-rooted research to commercial contexts
• Experience in developing insights to inform strategy planning and decision making
• Subject matter expertise that links to the themes of trustworthy technology or sustainable/inclusive innovation.
• Deep academic expertise in the social sciences, arts or humanities with a focus on understanding the impact and development of technology in society
• Ability to synthesize complex or fragmented information from multiple sources and specialist languages into a coherent and engaging story
• Proven track record of working collaboratively with business/innovation/industry
Set yourself apart by demonstrating a mix of hard and soft skills including:
• A passion for delivering value for people and society
• Experience and expertise in facilitating groups of senior executives
• Experience undertaking design research and familiarity with design thinking approaches
• Familiarity with, and interest in, key contemporary debates relating to global economic, geopolitical, technological and social trends, issues and their impact
• Academic or otherwise peer reviewed publications
• Track record of designing and managing research initiatives from start to finish
• Ability to learn new software quickly; fluency with Microsoft Office and with online research tools
Your qualifications should be equivalent of:
• 1-3+ years post-doc in social science (particularly psychology, behavioural science, economics, sociology, anthropology, ethics), the arts or humanities
• 3-6+ years of relevant experience in commercial applied research projects
• Leadership experience
Successful research is not a back-office activity here; we are seeking people who also have a client-focused mentality and a confident personal style.
A flexible approach.
We understand that traditional models may not work for everyone, so we offer flexible working arrangements which include tailored options for how you work. However, we are looking for as close to full-time availability as possible.
As a team, we are ambitious and move at a fast pace; we respect the diversity of perspectives and experience within our team, both academic, commercial, and real-world; are at ease with and embrace ambiguity and are open to new ways to accomplish work and demonstrate flexibility in adapting to change.
Working together, we will have specific opportunities to use our research insights to make a difference in society; engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our disciplines; and develop capabilities that change the way our clients do business.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.