Job title: VAT Specialist-9M FTC
Career level: 9 - Specialist
Accenture is a finance, technology and consulting company delivering change for our clients and our people across the globe. We’re helping drive a technology revolution—from digital to cloud to security—that’s sweeping across industries and governments in virtually every country. We collaborate with our clients—including 80% of the Fortune 500—to transform their businesses to anticipate the evolving needs of their customers. At the same time, we strive to enable our people to build their careers in an open environment of inclusion and diversity, complemented by our competitive employee benefits approach.
Our Global Finance team works at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational and analytical support across Accenture’s global businesses. We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow.
The VAT Specialist will partner with the Finance and Accounting teams and Country Controller teams to manage the VAT compliance and reporting function for internal Accenture business. In addition to playing this key strategy and analysis role, the successful candidate will lead, coach and develop a local team.
- Ensure that all reporting and deliverables are accurate and met on a timely basis
- Build and maintain relationships with the Global Tax Group and internal Business Partners
- Develop in-depth knowledge of VAT rules and tools / applications supporting the VAT return process
- Manage, identify and improve compliance controls at each stage of the VAT return process
- Manage all aspects of the VAT return, ESL and Intrastat process as well as the VAT GL reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with local and EU VAT legislation
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and support with Tax Authorities audit queries
- Manage queries and reporting tasks related to the VAT team activities
- Support management with ad-hoc projects and tasks
- Drive internal projects to minimize and mitigate VAT compliance risks
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Strong knowledge of VAT and Accounting Principles
- Demonstrated responsibility for timely delivery of tasks to tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Good client relationship skills
- Resourcefulness / Problem Solving and Attention to Detail
- Strong cross team-working skills
- Strong MS Office skills required and SAP skills an advantage
- Experience in a tax and accounting environment working in VAT
- Professional tax qualification desirable, however VAT certificate and/or extensive VAT experience are highly considered.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
USA IL - Chicago
US Tax Compliance Specialist
Posted 3 days ago
Client Financial Mgmt Summer Analyst - Atlanta, Florham Park, Philadelphia
Posted 11 days ago
FY21 Corporate Development & Transaction Services Summer Analyst - Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas Or NYC
Posted 17 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.