Senior Engineer (Full-Stack)
The Dock is a diverse team of creative problem-solvers within Accenture – where design, business and technology meet under one roof. We’re a meeting place where Accenture, clients and partners connect to pioneer new ways to fulfil human needs using emerging technology.
The Technology & Engineering practice focuses on the Full Stack Engineering Solution – responsive UIs, micro-services, data layers – solving problems using Applied Intelligence, Robotics, Computer Vision, IoT, Cyber-Security and Data Engineering. Working in tandem with Architecture, Agile, Big Data, Analytics, Immersive, Cloud Engineering and Design pillars and practices, we operate across all stages of the innovation spectrum with a remit to build the future in real-time.
The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief, empowers us to break future ground.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer (Full-Stack) to join our growing Technology & Engineering practice within the wider Dock organisation. You are someone:
· with strong independent logical thinking and broad technical knowledge on designing UX, creating core functional logic components, APIs, complex data and application integration.
· who can maintain best practices within the team, using design patterns and principles, following agile processes effectively and helping the team deliver high quality solutions.
· who understands the perspectives of front-end and back-end engineering, data scientists, DevOps and be able to choose the right technology and approach rather than constraining yourself to addressing everything with a single technology stack.
· who values relevant communication, is highly collaborative, enthusiastic in achieving results, open, even sometimes creative but has a deep interest in new and emerging technologies.
You will be:
· working within innovation teams to define, create and maintain best practices and technical roadmaps;
· participating in engagements with clients and stakeholders to understand their requirements by attending progress updates, biweekly calls/meetings;
· working with architects to analyse and design complex integrated technical solutions, services and components;
· collaborating with Product Designers, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products;
· breaking technical epics or stories into detailed technical specifications tasks and provide reasonable workload estimation;
· working in an agile technical team providing advanced engineering expertise and guidance to high quality standards;
· providing hands-on development on setting up frameworks, core mechanisms and troubleshooting;
· pair programming with team members and review code to help them maintain best practices;
· documenting key technical implementations, approaches, mechanisms;
· identifying and consider reusability opportunities for components, services, designs;
· working with technical leads and other senior engineers to design hands-on training sessions and workshops;
· transferring knowledge to multi-functional teams and provide major defect support;a technical mentor to share your specialisms and best practices
· Java EE ecosystem (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.)
· Or C# .Net (Core, MVC, etc)
· Node.js with one or more frameworks (e.g. Express.js, Sails.js)
· HTML5/CSS3 and related component libraries and tooling
· RESTful APIs, u-Services, message/event, serverless -based architectures
· Engineering practices & principles, e.g. OOP, functional programming, design patterns, unit and integration testing
· Agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
· Test/Behaviour/Domain Driven Development
· Developing with Git or other version control systems
· React, Angular, Vue.js or equivalent frameworks/libraries
· User Interface Experience & Mixed Realities
· Responsive design & browser compatibility
· Enterprise Line of Business Mobile/Web Applications
· Test frameworks (e.g. Jest/Enzyme, Mocha/Chai, jUnit/Mockito)
· Relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
· Cloud services: e.g. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform
· S/W Architecture and Design Patterns
· ORM (e.g. Sequelize, Hibernate, TypeORM)
· DevOps (e.g. CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· 2+ years of experience working in an agile team to deliver software in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
· 4+ years of experience as an engineer designing and implementing complex web applications, enterprise level APIs, data and webservices integration.
· B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc./M.Eng./PhD degree(s) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or relevant professional experience.
Does this appeal to you? If so, we wish to hear from you.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Related Jobs Near You
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.