Senior Service and Systems Designer
Service and Systems designers play a critical role in examining, modeling and improving the human experience in an increasingly digital world. This starts by understanding a systems goals and then developing a holistic understanding of people, technology, data and their interdependencies. Critically, it’s about transforming this understanding into contextual models, insights and design concepts that drive discussion, ideation and progressive change.
This role requires the ability to understand and envision complex systems with all sub-components such as products, services, technology and data while keeping humans as the central actors in the system. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to augment traditional design research methods with the principles and practices of artificial intelligence, behavioral economics and analytics.
You are responsible for:
● Being responsible for the design track on innovation projects including workshop facilitation, research, ideation and prototyping
● Conduct qualitative and quantitative research across a broad range of domains including Enterprise Systems, Health & Life Sciences and Industrial Domains.
● Develop system models, service blueprints, functional goal models and key performance indicators that directly inform the design of system components.
● Propose system concepts and user journeys for the human touchpoints with the systems
● Collaborate with software architects, data scientists and the business experts to develop functional specifications for digital touchpoints including visualizations, cognitive agents, wearable technologies and machine learning components.
● Managing junior designers, overseeing their work and developing their craft.
● Be a Fjord ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
Working together, we will:
• Use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives in a complex digital world.
• Work on innovation projects that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
• Collaborate with other disciplines to evolve the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
• Ability to create design artefacts like system maps, service blueprints, user journeys etc
• Experiencing analyzing and modelling complex systems
• Ability to read and understand technical documents
• Curiosity, interest and experience experimenting with emerging technologies
• Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design.
• Familiarity with rapid prototyping methods, including paper, physical and digital
• 6-7 years of in-depth experience of Systems, Service or Digital Product Design
• Qualifications or equivalent experience in one of the following (or a related) field
• Human Computer Interaction
• Human Factors Engineering
• Cognitive Science
• Product or Service Design
• Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.